What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Tonight I cooked up 4 dozen homemade Ukrainian perogies and 3 double smoked farmers sausage.
Oh and a Caesar salad for a side.
Working man's meal for me and the family.:D

Can you buy flat Lebanese bread easily?? It makes a pretty good pizza base IMO. I'll wack it in the oven for a couple mins before putting toppings on to avoid it being soggy in the centre, you cant really load it up with too much topping as its relatively thin...

We can get brown, whole wheat bread and even get white bread sometimes if the truck did not break down on the rez.

Joking aside, i watched a travel show that featured just what you are talking about. Even made pizza type food with it.

Sadly we cant get that here.

Jim, can you get pre made dough from the supermarket and keep some in the freezer? My sister will do that sometimes.

I've made pizza pocket things using Philo dough or pie crust. Tonight we had spaghetti, it wasn't great but I didn't have to cook it so I was happy

It wasn't bad spaghetti by any means, but my wife was a cook for 9 years so usually everything she makes is so good that you over eat till it hurts. And tonight she was way to tired to be up cooking for long and our little boy had me running outside so I was no help

True Dat!

My pulled pork finally got done. Had a little mix up with the time, did not think we would be at the doctor so long.

We had hot dogs instead, good thing pulled pork keeps! Wife is chowing down on one of the sandwiches right now, says its good.

Had a soup that my mother learned to make after I moved out. Thinking about it now, she learned to cook a lot of things once I left:/: Anyhow, the wife made it for the first time. It was really good. Needed a bit of pepper but I always need to add that on anything because of the kids. The soup has some weird name I don't even try to say. It has bacon, sausage, potatoes, onions, garlic, and spinach. That's all I know.

Jim, I get the frozen bread dough for when I make pizza.

That soup sounds like it has all the right ingredients.
Tonight was tacos, just meat, cheese and shells. But it was pretty good. Probably filled a farmers gas tank with what we paid for that poor excuse for burger though

The American Farmer recieves about 12 to 15 cents of every food dollar Nic. The big packers and feeders are not the consumers friend, or the farmer's. To protect their profits they import beef, from anywhere and everywhere. We got a law passed that required meat to be labeled by the country in which it came from. That law was struck down by threats from Mexico, Canada and others. Then the WTO said the US could not require such labeling. So now the US imports 80 percent of Alberta's beef.

Congress sided with the WTO, Canada, Mexico, and the big packers and decided that the American consumer did not deserve to know where the meat they buy comes from.

frig those guys, buy local. Not supermarket local, that shit is no good, but local rancher type local. Its the only way we are going to change anything. If you are going to spend that hard earned dollar of yours, might at well spend it locally, give it to someone who is going to spend it locally, maybe even spend it doing tree work.

The more consumers that wish to eat good local food, the more that farmers and ranchers will be able to afford to produce it. The food is going to cost the same, but the money goes to the guy who's kids play with your kids. Why not give him your dollar instead of some Fat Cat in Brazil?

Sorry, sorry, rant over!