What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Just had burgers tonight. It was a nice break from the chili I've been eating for the last week.

Wife cooked steaks tonight. She is getting pretty good at it! Home made bleu cheese dressing too.

I am getting sick of store beef. Our beef will be ready for slaughter in a few days. Hang for two weeks and viola! Damn fine eating. I wish it could hang for longer, but our butcher is too busy!

Trying to conjure up something tonight, wanting a proper sunday dinner, might go for a roast if there's one in the freezer. Yesterday was a lovely pasta via Chef Wifey :)

Attachments

• 20141206_174719.jpg
    20141206_174719.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 30
Wife cooked steaks tonight. She is getting pretty good at it! Home made bleu cheese dressing too.

I am getting sick of store beef. Our beef will be ready for slaughter in a few days. Hang for two weeks and viola! Damn fine eating. I wish it could hang for longer, but our butcher is too busy!

Roast beef for me tonight with potatoes, pumpkin, carrot and broccoli. Not the best beef I've had but not too bad. Most butchers are quick turnover these days, aged beef is hard to get.

This was a good thread. https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?15606-Aging-Beef&highlight=aging+beef

I like that couple day old chili on my scrambled eggs. Breakfast foods are my weakness. Never any leftovers from breakfast

One of my favourites as well treebilly...
I like it served like a chilli size. Open faced toast with the goodies on top. Fresh diced onion, cheese........ Oh yeah!

Damn gotta get off the computer. Getting hungry again. That and gotta be at work in six hours. Think I'll ask the wife to make chilli for dinner tomorrow

Pumpkin? Interesting. Never had much use for them other than pies and seeds. Gonna have to do some research

I don't like the squash types. Queensland Blue is about the best all rounder, you can bake it or boil it and goes well with mashed potatoes. There's a few others like it but not as easy to get all year round. http://www.readersdigest.com.au/types-of-pumpkins High in vitamin A as well.

Pumpkin or butternut and Hokkaido squash makes great soup.
I made butternut soup tonight, with a lot of cumin, bit of curry, and since I don't have to ride in the truck with anybody tomorrow, a shitload of garlic and fresh ginger.

I had a frozen pizza last night and thought about throwing the kitchen table through a wall. Then I just decided to keep eating and be thankful that I have the luxury of being picky about meals. I'm going to make venison sloppy joes tonight. The key is bacon and red wine. Puts a nice twist in it.