What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Spaghetti here as well. Along with some of that simply tasteless , I mean tastefully simple beer bread. The sauce was homemade that the wife canned last summer. Good stuff but runny. She doesn't have the patience to let it thicken up. Added some Sarachi sauce to mine to fire it up a bit.

:thumbup:
Yeah, home made here too. Came home from the kids awards and swim day at school early enough to get a pot started. Still cooking down the sauce current. They don't mind it a tad runny though.... Next meal with it will be amazing though :D

Yes. They are terrible. Wife and kids like them though.

I am not sure if you are supposed to cut them up or chew them whole. I just swallow the damn thing with out chewing.

I figure that will show the wife, me choking to death on a mini cabbage.

One of my favourite veggies in winter.

Jim, take some quartered smallish onions, some potatoes in chunks, some garlic, your hated brussel sprouts and put it all in a pot, with a cube of bouillon concentrate.
Then pour a couple of good beers over them, and cook them in that till the sprouts are well done and the potatoes almost falling apart.
That tames the bitterness of the Brussel sprouts somewhat.

You could probably put some dead cow in there, too.
It is a Belgian dish and they like dead cows.

I like them roasted, too.
Never thought of the maple syrup idea.
I'll have to try that.
Cooked and then glazed in butter and fresh horseradish is another favourite of mine.

rsEyJNg.gif

:lol:

I had to go to Copenhagen to pick up something today, so I went by my Chinese tofu pusher and stocked up.
he had a fine ripe papaya ( A raity here), so I made a papaya salad ( Tossed the chunks with lime juice , cilantro and black pepper.) with Basmati rice and a stir fry with tofu.

A couple of ripe Pakistani honey mango for dessert.

Vegetarian heaven, I tell you:)

That sounds damn good Stig, less the tofu though. I never could get into that.

I've never been too keen on papaya, (paw paw around here) but I've never tried it like that. I can get through a few mangoes though.

Had to Google cruciferous vegetable night. :laughing6: I don't watch that show very often.

Steamed brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots, potato and corned beef & white sauce tonight. Started thinking of this thread on the way home so made a detour to the meat market.