What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I hope they turn out.

I guess you have to let them sit for three weeks or so......

My buddy will be coming home on leave and he loves pickled eggs. To have enough I will keep making them.

Going to try a "kosher dill" type recipe tomorrow.

Also marinating a cut up round roast for oven dried jerky.

Not if you do it right.
I just made a bit on a logging contract while making potato soup with leeks.
Nasty weather, here.
Just right for a bowl of warm soup.

I don't love it.
It is a job like logging, and I take some pride in being reasonably good at it.
Don't mind it is all.
Someone has to and the mail order bride has cooked for 3 sons, so she is about cooked out.
She'll do a Swiss dish now and then, either because she misses that dish, or because I ask her nicely.

Usually I do the cooking around here.
My x couldn't cook for shit, so I've been doing it for 35 years.

It is either cook or live off of frozen shit or fast food.
Frozen shit is really just that, and out here there is one choice for fast food within driving distance.

Just had this frozen shit and it was de-lish!

450.jpg

Some of that stuff is good Butch.

Their lasagna is tasty.

I guess I am kind of like you Stig.

I probably got good at cooking because someone said I was just a guy who probably couldn't cook.

I showed those bastards.

I do think I love it though.

Make sure you cook it long enough to burn the quills off. In the town I grew up in we had porcupine races on the 4th of July. You would heard them down to the finish line with a broom and garbage can. After the race the captured porky was turned loose again.

Is that beef or venison, Jim?

Beef. They have been having a sale on cheap roasts in town.

This might be the ticket I am looking for.

I like to hunt, but the wife and kids are not crazy about venison. They will eat chops, but not roasts.

I quit hunting because no one liked the meat, except for me. When I cook a heart they leave the house!

If the first batch is any indication they will eat venison jerky! I could start hunting again.....save the chops and back straps and turn the rest into jerky.