What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I made cowboy caviar.
Split the portion in two and spiced my part up with the first jalapenos out of the new polytunnel.

I cant hardly leave that stuff alone. My mom has a good recipe for it with black beans, kidney beans, chic peas, avacado, onions, peppers, cilantro.....
But man I suffer it the next day. Gassy... making no friends.

Might be wrong about chic peas... She changes it up sometimes. I know I like it with the black beans and black eyed peas. Man oh man.
Anyway... grilled hamburgers over an open oak fire and fresh corn tonight. Custy gave me a couple lobster tails to go with. Bought some ice cream and strawberrys. Katy and Lilly cant have shell fish. Seth is visiting his grand parents and uncles in Idaho. It's up to Levi and I to eat them. Levi has never had them before. He is in for a treat. But I'll eat his if he does not have a taste for them. ;)

I've got some beef ribs on the smoker today. Salted and peppered them a day early. Then some light mustard and another dose of kosher salt, pepper, seasoning salt and a little bit of steak spice.

Smoking away with some apple and hickory, gonna be a later dinner tonight but that's alright as the days have been topping out at 100+ here for a bit now. No humidity though, dry like a desert.

IMG_1363.jpg

Only on for about a 1/2hr in the picture. They should take 5-7hrs I think.

Ribs, brisket, sausage, and a dozen flavors of wings tonight at the annual street party. To much food to name and I ate more than I should have. I was so full I almost couldn't drink beer!

Smoked salmon pasta
76b43da092d4d0a1b41e7e0ed1f9b225.jpg

One could say for a Canuck I'm pretty crazed about my BBQ.

I've had this shoulder on for five hours so far. Contemplating wrapping it soon.

It's gonna be pulled pork for dinner tonight!

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg