What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Sounds awesome! We are trying a new pizza place that just opened in Lake Geneva 'Oak Fire Pizza'. I'll report in later.

I'm cooking i cauliflower soup right now.
We'll have a fresh baquette and some cheese to go with it.
Swiss, of course. My father in law brought about 20 pds: fondue, raclette, you name it.
One of the perks of marrying a Swiss gal, I guess.

Bacheloring it tonight and after the day I had a double quarter pounder from mcd's cut it. It's been months since I've had that. I'll probably remember why shortly.

A pasta salad spiced with garlic, caper berries and Moroccan salt preserved lemons chopped together.
I used to make those lemons but haven't gotten around to it for years. Then last week I found them in a local store.
They are soooo good.
They add a lemonyness to stuff that can't be dublicated in any other way.

If you've never tried them, I suggest you do so.
They suppoosedly ( how would I know ) go real well with meat dished, especially goat ( Stepehen!)

http://nourishedkitchen.com/morrocan-preserved-lemons/

It would go well..
Lamb and goat go great with stuff like raspberry or strawberry sauces. Mint...
Lemon, even fermented lemon, would be good. Something to calm the game nature taste of the meat.
I marinate a lot in rosemary, balsamics, lemon and lime. Makes perfect sense. Also tenderises the meat. Partially cooking it in the acids. The term escapes me.

Jim, sure is good - I was a massive fan of the lager which is called "Menabrea", I'm not really into much experimentation with beer brands but it just happened to be one of the tap beers. One the boys actually ended up with food poisoning from this restaurant so its mixed feelings, its a bit unexpected because its a solid and established high end business.

Food poisoning can take between a few hours to a few days to begin, so sometimes the restaurant isn't always to blame.

However. I once had a contract delivering wine to restaurants all over Sydney, all types, some of the really top ones. You see a lot of things going in the delivery entrance.:/:

I don't eat out very often.

Tasmanian salmon, new potatoes, carrots and broccoli. My kitchen. 8)

I got off work early, so the wife and I went riding in the woods.
Took a turn through one of my favourite mushroom spots, and ran across a nice hat full of Boletus edulis. Being on horse back, it was easy to chase them down.
So mushroom risotto and a nice salad tonight:)

Jim, try half crunchy ramen with less water than usual. I like it that way. Ramen is big here for sure. A couple ramen joints now offer "cheese ramen". A pile of finely graded cheddar cheese in the middle. it half melts as you are consuming. Not bad at all.

I bet eating it at a restaurant is really good. I would love to try it someday.

We eat something kinda similar for new years. We boil a small pork roast and right before it is done we add a bunch of noodles.

Its kinda like a soup, but looks like ramen I have seen on the tv. We then add some crushed garlic, hard boiled egg, and green onions. A little soy sauce and sriacha and you are set!

I dont know how to use chop sticks, I use a fork.

Cheese is not real big in Japan is it Jay? Sound good.

Forks are cool! No, eating cheese is a fairly recent phenomenon here. I used to ask people if they have tasted and like avocado, which was rare at the time, and they would turn their noses up at the thought and say that no, it tastes like cheese. :dontknow: Now cheese is pretty popular, so somebody must have seen someone else eating it. The thing is they mostly sell it in these itty bitty squares at the market, you can just about eat the whole package in one bite. More filling if you kept the wrapper on.