What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Ha, my plan for deer hunting this year was to steak the backstraps and jerky the rest. Venison jerky is awesome. Now I just need to go hunting...

Mail order bride cooked today.
Mashed potatoes with creamy mushroom sauce and D?rrbohnen.
That is green beens that have been dried so they can be stored.
Then they get resurrected by soaking and cooked in butter with onions and garlic ( Originally a bit of bacon, too, but we omit that).
One of my favourite things to eat.

Still can't write an umlaut I see.
O with two dots on top gets turned into a question mark.
Weird.

I guess it's not all that important these days but it is a bit strange.

If you copy and paste something, anywhere there is an apostrophe it changes to a question mark. Your Egg thread had that yesterday, today it's ok. I edited my last copy and paste twice to get it right so can't go back and see if it changed. Weird though, only just started doing it lately.

Missed lunch and it's Saturday so a bit extra seafood pizza tonight.

We like ours a little different but funny that spaghetti squash was "it" for today. If you cook it whole and then cut it in half crosswise, you will get longer strings. It is hard to see in the photo but the strands actually run crosswise not length wise.

Attachments

• IMG_0585[363].jpg
    IMG_0585[363].jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0586[364].jpg
    IMG_0586[364].jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0588[365].jpg
    IMG_0588[365].jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 28
Everything looks dang tasty right now. I love spaghetti squash in place of pasta. We cook up zucchini and make some sort of pizza casserole with it as well.
IMG_2093.jpg
Peppery potatoe soup in its thickening stage tonight. I was a bit late on the start of it this morning, but the kids are on a sugar high from trick or treating so it's all good. I'm hoping this sits heavy enough when they hit the wall that they pass out in a couple of hours.

Tried it a couple years ago when it hit Albany, NY. Good, but there are a lot of great burger places in Albany, so they've got competition.

R?sti with broiled mushrooms and a salad.
I've started doing mushrooms that way recently and really like it.
Qurter or halve them according to size, toss them in a plastic bag with some olive oil, salt and Balsamico, shake the bag till they are covered. Then 20 minutes in the oven on a baking sheet at 200 celsius.
Yum:)