What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I'm right before fixing to make some crab cakes with a little red pepper aioli, with a little sweet corn, and potato salad.

I love those, but DAMN they're greasy. I like how BK grills the meat.

You really should try a Whopperito. I want to try their cheesy chicken fries!

Grilled up some chicken breasts over an open oak fire at camp tonight with mashed potatoes. Nice meal to send Katy and the kids off with. Back to school tomorrow. Me and crew here till friday.

Love whole chickens on the weber...butterfly them flat. Charrr!

Tonight it's Beef Ribs....

768d70bc3750a2ac389b5e6547c7c98c.jpg

Holy smokes. That looks good. Grilling season is getting short here. Snow tonight.

Why do you leave the carrot tops on? Do you rub your ribs with anything Deva?

I cooked spaghetti and meatballs tonight.

La Wife-a ended up with a bunch of ground pork from the last hog we had butchered. I am not a huge fan of breakfast sausage, so most of it was just ground.

This is the second time I have made meatballs, and they turn out pretty well for not using a recipe.

I take a pound and a half of ground pork, one egg, some milk, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.

I just keep adding shit until they look and smell right! Fry em up, drain the grease and add tomato sauce.

Grilling me up some baby backs tomorrow. Takes a couple days for me to get it ready. Ribs are rubbed and cooked off in 1/3 cider vinegar, 2/3 water after scored and rubbed. Then I make the BBQ sauce from scratch. Ribs are cut to 1/2 racks and submerged into BBQ sauce, after being drained and cooled, and then refrigerated until the grill is hot in 24-48 hours. Should be smashing with some roasted potato wedges and some garlic bread :D Maybe a salad.

Looks great Deva!

Dang. That sounds good, Stephen.

Sorry Jim....I'm an idiot. Missed your post. Leave the tops on....lessens the chance of falling through the grill. Plus easier for my kid to swirl the carrots around over his head in a circle.

Out of the fridge til room temperature then a Salt and Pepper rub with maybe some cayenne and red pepper, some garlic salt if it's there. On the grill indirectly for two hours with the last 40 minutes dossed with bbq sauce back and forth, over and under.

If there beef ribs....I only cook them fat side up and meat side down....supposed to permeate/leech through the meat.
Like tastes good or something. :)

Went bananas at the Indian buffet yesterday. Bad decision. Great food but my stomach isn't accustomed to all the spices.

Spicy butternut soup.
Just the thing for a chill day.
Some toasted ryebread with gots cheece as a side.

Damn, sounds great! I like a dollop of goat cheese in the squash soup as well.

Same here.
I'm married to a Swiss woman, I swear she eats cheese with everything.

Cheese! I went to a hard cider and cheese pairing with my wife last week. I can't stand goat cheese...but the curds were good and a raw milk cheese they had was the best stuff ever! I bought a huge chunk.

Tree Housers eat amazing good stuff.
I did some pesto chicken breasts, oven roasted red rose potatoes seasoned and served with sour cream and some green beans.
I always make extra chicken breasts, these will make good salads or sammies.