What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Oh, my no. I filled it up a couple times.

That 16 pound ham was the size of a bleeding turkey. Cooked it from frozen starting at 11 this morning.

Put it in a roaster at 350. Turned out well.

We just put everything away. Two gallon bags plumb full of ham, one bag with the meaty bone and one big jar of juice.

Gotta save the juice if you are going to make ham and bean soup. So it will be sandwiches, ham and potato casserole and a big ass pot of ham soup.

Makes that 45 dollar ham seem almost thrifty!

Me too. Or if I'm out his way I might just have to fake it. Chances are he'd know I was lying since we both love our bow ties.

I just need to take a 1500 mile drive to the get a can of skoal. She tends to call if I'm not back in 20 minutes. I wonder if I can bullshit her into thinking traffic was that bad that it took five days

That'll get yur guts rumbling!

Where's the hot peppers???

Tell the truth... that's just a snack to hold you over 'til mama has supper on the table!

Had that lunch many times. I keep a few cans in the trucks just in case I don't like what I packed in my box or I'm feeling hungry

I always keep some peanut butter and Ritz crackers in the truck, along with a big box of these...

b5d2f837-7d40-4bb4-911b-dc8e7db0824d_1.413fae8b46249575264d67aaf2ea306e.jpeg

Tasty 'lil mofos!

Peanut butter is great.
I made African peanut butter soup for dinner.
That is a favourite in this household.
Super tasty and easy to make.

Goldfish are awesome!!!

Peanut butter with honey on sourdough is almost indestructible and lasts a long time. Good backpack food since it doesn't smash very easy.

That last big fire I was on had a lot of good food. Unfortunately I never got any of it!

Ole Captain Conrad was always too far into the fire for a food delivery. Ate mostly MRE's. The real ones that we get given. The Military rotate their stock out and we get the old ones from the state.

Sometimes the heaters are dead.....but it doesn't seem to hurt the flavor!

One day I was on tender duty and there was a big pile of styrofoam boxes left next to a gate. Inside was carrots, celery, a cookie, a bag of chips and two peanut butter and honey sandwiches!

I had not eaten PB and H sandwiches for 25 years. They were sure good.

Tonight I cooked boiled smoked sausage. Onions, carrots and potatoes.

Simple, fast and relatively cheap.

Taco soup tonight. With some discount Italian bread from Walmart. I guess the storm caused them to sell some stuff for cheap.

Loaf of Italian bread for a dollar! I would have bought several but they mold before you can finish them.

Daniel boy and I finished a tiny jar of pickled asparagus this afternoon. I did not expect him, at 22 months, to like pickled asparagus.

Anyway, the jar was half full of juice so I boiled up a couple eggs and dropped them in. Like I said, tiny jar.

Now I find out that I should let them sit for a week before I eat them. Kinda seems like a long time to wait for two eggs.

Reckon I will pickle up a dozen tomorrow. Found a good, old time recipe on the net.

I think its kind of weird that with all this modern technology I only look up traditional/old time recipes. I guess I dont like new things.