What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I am glad we didnt eat earlier. I would be miserable for much longer before sleepy time.

How do you cook goose Stephen? No one around here seems to like it.
Mom and Dad have a couple of problem wild geese that might meet an unfortunate end. I could use a good recipe.

I've got a buddy that does an incredible goose stew. Slow cooked, 6-8 hrs, on the woodstove in a lg cast iron Stew pot. Friggin awesome. I'll see if hell part with the recipe.

I would like the recipe as well Bud.

I basically oil it with olive oil and season it with onion, garlic, pepper, crushed rosemary or sprig of rosemary on top. Oven roast. Covered by vented. Stuffing the bird with veggies is nice.. leeks, onion, carrot, celery....
I finish it with usually a citrus glaze, orange, lemon or lime. Honey and mustard in the glaze as well.
Once glazed ... carve and serve with a good brandy or rum sauce. And standard fare sides for fowl.
Cranberry glaze works well too.
You can also cook down a sherry until it is like syrup and dress the bird with it, place it in oven just to help it glaze slightly and not burn. Yummy. Marsala works well this way or in a creme sauce with rosemary.
Just some ideas.

We miss your pictures Paul, do you still have your blog? Lost it, but last time I looked it hadn't been updated for a while.

Swordfish steak tonight with lemon, garlic & chilie and garlic potatoes.

Looked like this. http://www.food.com/recipe/ginger-lemon-and-garlic-swordfish-steak-233844

pic7fHnhZ.jpg

Ive had a rack of pork ribs in the smoker for 5 hours now...... Dry rubbed Memphis style with a bath of apple juice in the tin foil.

This is my first go round with ribs, slow cooked. Im sure there will be room for improvement. Im sure they'll taste alright, but its the texture Im after.