What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Meat and potatoes last night. Got home late, started coming some venison, which is newer on my palate, and good. I just kept nibbling away. I'll east some extra vegetables today.

My wife cooked beef stir fry tonight. It was really good.

I recently discovered Sriacha sauce. The one with the green top and a bunch of different writing on it. I am addicted to it now. A little soy sauce and a LOT of Sriacha. All the wasted years!

I think it would even make vegetarian food good to eat.

You betcha.
A pork butt roast.
at least a cup of sliced julienne bell pepper and onion.
Teaspoon of black pepper.
1/4 tsp crush red pepper
pinch of cayenne.
2 TBS of chili powder
Maybe 3.. maybe more.........
one TBS of cumin
One can of diced tomatoes or fresh...
Brown sugar if you like it sweet to taste. I personally just saute it in BBQ sauce after it cooks then serve when reduced.
TBS minced garlic
Crock pot the shat out of it over night and let set on warm all day.
Serve on a hogie.
Like I said.. best if you saute it in your favourite BBQ sauce right before you serve. Omit the brown sugar if you do.
Adjust all these for your taste. This is just a rough recipe in my head... I season visually and on my taste buds.
If you have some rendered beef stock, it won't hurt to add a tad (about 1 C). Same with chick stock.

Sriracha must be a love it or hate it thing. I tried it a couple of times and didn't like it at all. I've tried a lot of hot sauces over the years, and I've found I like a more complex sauce. I used to be able to take the heat, but not so much anymore. Capitol Punishment was the worst, followed by Dave's Insanity Sauce, as far as being simply to hot to really enjoy.

I used to get a bunch of different sauces years ago. Ass Kickin' hot sauce was good. They have a whole line of different condiments. There was a tamarind hot sauce that I used to get, but I don't remember the name. It was almost like an A1 steak sauce hot sauce. You have to balance the heat with the flavor, and if it kills the flavor of the food, then what's the point of the food, other than a vehicle for the hot sauce?

Sriracha has become my additive of choice. Have to watch how spicy I make things with the young ones. I don't over do it for me either. Just hot enough to get my sinuses cleared up

With the high of 0 F today chili sounded good. Smells about right Itll be in the crock pot till about 5:30-6:00. Making a double batch so I have some good lunches this week at work

Rajska omaska. I think.

I tried to find a recipe on the internet. But it did not translate well. Czech cooking remains, along with most other eastern Euopean cooking, a mystery.

I need a recipe book, but one that would be approved by a eastern European grandmother. Know what I mean?

Rajska omaska. I think.

I tried to find a recipe on the internet. But it did not translate well. Czech cooking remains, along with most other eastern Euopean cooking, a mystery.

I need a recipe book, but one that would be approved by a eastern European grandmother. Know what I mean?

My parents are Czechoslovakian. The secret is where it calls for cooking oil, that's all oils mixed together. Chicken broth, pork, beef, all mixed together..... at least that's what they do. ;)

My favourite:
Swiss cheese fondue.
I absolutely love that stuff when it is made right.
I probably ate about 1½ pds of cheese, so Im feeling a bit bloated.
That is my only problem with fondue, the inability to stop in time.