What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

boiled taters and cornbread muffins with sausage gravy, pork roast (Cholula Lime hot sauce) and green salad with low fat 1000 Island. mmmm good.

Attachments

• pork with sawce!.jpg
    pork with sawce!.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 25
I will admit, I went back to the pot and dipped a few spuds in gravy by hand. It was a trial and error meal, I picked up some packets of the gravy mix and a new brand of corn bread muffins to try, both were a hit and super easy to make with only water and a bit of cooking involved. Sausage gravy like that and corn bread arent common up here so I made the most of my last trip in the US with some tasty groceries. I will be buying more fo sho!

Pizza? - well, I can't eat it - at least not the typical, wheat-based pizza - due to Celiac Disease, and the rice-based pizza is pretty horrendous, so i just avoid it.

Tonight I ate a salad of mixed greens, with minced up avocado, cheese, olives, sweet peppers, green beans, strawberries, and a garlic vinaigrette dressing. And a small glass of cabernet sauvignon blanc.

Pizza is the one food that I cant have just a little bit of. I avoid it during times of dieting.

Got home from a grass fire to find battered shrimp, carrots and baked potato warming in the oven. Most of my suppers are found warming in the oven during fire and haying season!

Wife made thai lettuce wraps, didnt get a picture as I was so hungry the boy and I dug in, he totally loves it, plus one for the picky eater.

Random, but when I was doing wildland firefighting, the Mexican guys on our crew all hated pizza. When it was gringo night for dinner, we'd order pizza to hassle them and the next night they'd incinerate our mouths with chiles.

Interesting about Mexicans and pizza. That reminds me of when I was a bartender and a couple sat down at the bar. I said "Coronas?" They answered "NO! Budweiser!" Ha.

cheese stuffed omelette, bacon, toast with tomato and avocado slices for dinner tonight, we be lazy!