What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Just the bread and butter. Had the same thing for lunch, but I had to microwave the bread because my oven doesn't work. Not as crusty, but still tasty.

Good oldfashioned Swiss farmer's fare:

Rösti and Sauerkraut.
With a chunk of Gruyere cheese that a friend brought because he figured Margot was pining for a taste of home:)

Mushroom risotto and a salad.

I've never really explored the universe of risotto before marrying a swiss woman.
That was clearly a mistake!

Someone just figured out how the holes get into Swiss cheese. Bits of hay in the milk. http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/mystery...esponsible-for-holes-in-swiss-cheese/41457054

Guess other cheese has cleaner milk.:scratch:

What they are saying is that the big holes have all but disappeared from "Swiss cheese"
Thinking back, I find that to be true.

"Swiss cheese" being the English acronym for Emmentaler look-alikes.
Schweiz has way more cheeses than that one type: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Swiss_cheeses

In the village where my wife comes from, there is an absolutely excellent cheese store/creamery.
The owner always smiles big when he sees me, because I buy a lot to take home.
Even if I live to a ripe old age, I don't think I'll manage to taste every cheese made in Schweiz. The Wiki list is just the main types. Every valley has it's own variety, some of which can only be bought locally.
I always look for signs offering cheese for sale, when I travel in the Alps. Nothing finer than getting a chunk of cheese, at a farm where they have been making it that particular way for generations.

One of my favourites is the Berner Hobelkäse, literally Berner Planing cheese. It is too hard to cut, so they run it over a special cheese plane and eat it as shavings. Super fine with a glass of something good.

I find cheese to be the most fascinating of food.

I quit copenhagen and gained 20 pounds. Probably from cheese consumption.
A day with out cheese is like a day with out sunshine.
There is starting to be more small scale cheese production in the US. That is a good thing.

The Arsenal, American owned, sort of.
It's probably gone unnoticed over there but quite a few yanks have seen the potential of English and European football clubs.
Randy Lerner Aston villa, Stan kronke at the arsenal, the glazer family at Manchester United, Russian billionare Roman Abramavich at Chelsea, he list goes on. Any of you colonials heard of the first three?