Limetron Water Conditioner

Mellow

BCMA
I just ordered this gadget:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kaBwubbTZjs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hopefully, it will take care of my hard water/calcium/lime, etc.

I'm also hooking up a whole house filter system.

It seems to be a big thing down under and GB, but not so much here in the states. I had to buy it in the UK and have it shipped here.

He's thinking it doesn't work, and I hate to admit it, I'm having a hard time seeing it too. But I've been wrong before, and one of those would be awesome if they work. If not, grab a water softener, because those do work. A neat trick btw, get one that someone is throwing out, and then swap out the slop inside with new stuff. That's what goes bad on them, but people often just buy a new one because they are scared to work on them. Report back after a year or so and let us know about it. Bob and I both do industrial piping for hire, and if that thing actually worked we would have seen one on a cooling tower or something. They would tolerate a far more elaborate system in the industrial world, but they just flat out don't exist. I've worked in water treatment plants as well, nada. Btw limescale is desirable in potable water pipes, that's how lead pipes were used and were safe. Without that buildup tho, they become bad news.

Maybe it'll work, dunno. If it even works a little it's that less salt you gotta buy. But I'm gonna put my money on it not working. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even if it doesn't work, I'll somehow convince myself that it works. I'm good like that.

Now that is a useful skill.
Wish I was better at that.

One of my ex's Grandfather was big into things like that. They never worked. Mother nature never gives you anything for cheap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup, I bought the one with three filters. The Limetron was an afterthought while researching some other stuff. Probably should have just gotten the water softener but this was cheaper.

Like I said, grab one off the curb for free and replace the pellets in the fiberglass tube. They can only be recharged so many times, then they lose their ability to trade ions to drop out the calcium. 99 percent of the time, that's all they need, but while you are at it, soak the valves in vinegar and get new orings. Tada, 100 dollar water softener that will last you 10 plus years, especially if you just change the media when it stops working right. Here's the stuff on Amazon, you might need 2 depending on the size. You might find it cheaper too, this was what I found in 1 min.

https://www.amazon.com/ABCwaters-SOFRES1-softening-replacement-softener/dp/B004NERD5E

Back