"unread posts" not on ?

The forum software was updated overnight and that add-on seems to have disappeared - I liked it, too.

I'm gonna see if he can fix that - I hope he can.

So, all you sideways pic posters - try posting a pic and see if the update fixed that.

But it doesn't give you the number of posts to read - I liked that.

I would always guess to myself the number, and MANY times I would be spot on - har!

At least the pics will (hopefully) load correctly.

You can use imgbb.com. Upload pics to there then transfer here. Fixes the issue and less strain on this site.

That is the extra step that will just make me pass on doing the pics. I get that it's easy and all that, but I'm not looking to sign up somewhere and manage an account and whatnot.

No biggie, I take shit pictures at best.

Well, Peter got back to me...

1) The unread post add-on is no longer supported by the update, but he's gonna try to find an alternative.

2) Like I've always suspected, the sideways picture loading is a user problem, not the forum.

Shit, I wish we woulda just left things alone.

Well it's easy to say it's a user problem. But it is a problem for anyone using a iPhone or a iPad i believe. So user problem it may be, but it's a user problem for users of the most common/popular tech.

I've tried taking pictures almost every which way except for standing on my head. On my iPad or iPhone none of my pictures are upside down or sideways. Not one. And when I upload them and post them there appear to be zero options for checking or changing the orientation.

Also for the record, I never once complained or asked you to change it. I have mentioned it discourages me from posting pictures.

So from your tech guy the solution for the users having this problem is to not use a iPhone or iPad to post with I guess?

Also interesting that a handful or so of years ago(maybe less?)this wasn't a problem and I was using the same iPad and same phone too probably or the previous iPhone possibly. But I've only ever had one iPad.

I did a little research, it seems like a Vbulletin/Apple thing, doesn’t happen on AT and didn’t in its old format.

After being done with a thread I automatically scroll up and have placed my thumb on the space where unread posts link used to be.

What a fud I am!

Back