Sharpening hedge trimmer

Max, if you are going to be doing that kind of shearing, get yourself one of the Echo articulating hedge trimmers on a long shaft. They will do those kinds of jobs much faster and easier. I have one that I have been using for years, good tools.

Stihl has an articulating unit too right? If you are already using Stihl's power polesaw HT 75, 101, 131, you can put it on the end of that for eleven more feet of reach when doing lighter trimming. (The Stihl Dealer does not recommend this application because of strain on drive shaft.)

I have an articulating shear for my Stihl KombiSystem. Useful!

With the nature of high-bank residences, I end up shearing the occasional tree for view. Western redcedars that are kept as bushes, basically, holding the bank.

I shear a large western redcedar hedge for a friend.

Peace Arch State Park has such a huge western redcedar hedge that we strapped the HT101/ shear attachment to the bucket (resting in the cradle) and drove along side it.

Its just formal, ornamental landscape work. Not natural tree shapes. Not done under the guise of safety, or whatnot.

Its using the qualities of the trees that they like, and maintaining them in size and shape by only cutting small wood, albeit internodally. The resulting growth is managed the next season. Small cuts, insignificant decay.

Orchard pruning is antithetical to the normal growth of trees, but we work trees into doing what we want from them. Similar, in a way.

I have an articulated Stihl, get a better finish, though those gearbox direct drive ones are more robust on thick woody piece?s

Ps misspelt piece?s purposefully to check out the question mark issue, seems to be sorted, whooda thunk it?

Second edit, not fixed:(

Back