If you like double D cups...major change ahead

Heard this on the radio this morning.

I've heard the same thing about plastic in the ocean. Most poor countries dump most all their garbage in rivers which carries it all out to sea. Before widespread use of plastics, most garbage was biodegradable so the ocean environment was able to handle the practice.

Tim Hortons up here has paper cups. When I get one it comes home with me, when empty I fill it with sawdust and start my wood stove.

The usda agricultural lab is here in Peoria, the same one that developed penicillin. Yup that penicillin. They have been working on using biodegradable plastic made from crops. It's on their website, and I'm sure I don't understand any of it, but that would be an awesome development for plastic goods in general.

I buy a morning coffee from our local takeaway/petrol station/convenience store/newsagent...in a small village we like to support the locals! Besides, he puts a 'freckle' on top of each cup (a small chocolate) has a coffee card (buy 5 get one free) makes GOOD coffee, is cheerful and we are lucky to have them here!
I bring one of those reusable coffee cups...made of recycled plastic...

10 kms up the highway is our 'big brother' town, they have two franchise bakeries...coffee's still good, and quite a few people I know work there, so at a pinch, yup.

Developed how it could be mass produced and made stronger. Before that they knew about it, but it hadn't been developed for widespread use.

Back