Buddy's Outdoor Thread/pictures

Whenever will do.
You just lit a fire in me with those pictures.

I have so many memories from places I visited and worked, but I rarely get to go back.

Managed to revisit Israel 3 years ago with my wife ( ho I met down there 40 years ago).
I go back to Schweiz ever so often ( Having married a Swiss woman)
Made it back to Norway last year and I have revisited the north coast of California a lot.

There are so many other places that I'll most likely never get a chance to go back to.
Your pictures were just so beautiful, and triggered a lot of good memories of running cattle while learning the buckaroo trade.
Next time I get a chance to go to the US, Idaho will be on the list.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
These next pictures are in the same drainage as the all the previous pictures. The cabin is the old McCrea Cabin that is still in decent shape except the packrats are taking over. It sits about 8 miles above the trailhead and is on federal land. It was originally a homestead but was used in later years a riders cabin. There are still a few old treasures in the upstairs that I am surprised have not been packed off.

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Down the creek a few miles from the McCrea Place is the old Potter cabin. The Potter brothers had a gold mine and another cabin up in the high country above here. Nothing is left of it except the mine shaft and the a few flat spot where the cabin and other buildings use to stand. They would spend the winters in the drainage and made homemade fiddles.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

One more before bedtime. This is looking at the Seven Devils in the Hells Canyon Wilderness. The previous pictures were taken down the drainage out of sight on the right hand side of this picture.

IMG_0150.jpg

Awesome country!

I can take a picture of a snow covered corn field for you if you like but it really doesn't have the same appeal.

More awesome pics. You got any ugly country out there??

If you are playing it’s all awesome. If you’re working it sometimes gets kind of ugly... But I try not to complain.

The coon coming out of that corn field be good eating Rajan!

It is. Corn cobs in your trash is one sure fire way to call in coons. Our 3 1/4 acres are colse to a few square miles of field to the north. Lots of wild life abound had eight deer and a fox yesterday within 60 yards of my recliner. And we have a great horned owl that hangs out in the hood, with an occasional bald eagle sighting.

Thanks everybody, here are a few more pictures from today, same area.

The mountains in the last picture are obscured by the clouds in this picture but they are there on the right side of the draw.

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

It was raining lightly and probably close to 50 degrees today. Very nice weather for this time of year. Actually most of that would be covered with snow on a normal year.

Back