What's Your Favorite Climbing and Felling Saw

I haven’t tried everything but from what I personally have to choose from, 201tc and 660. A modified 661 is on my list for next season.

Trimming Stihl 150TC
Removals Stihl 200T (I still haven't ever purchased a 201)
Big wood and felling Husky 372XP or 395XP (modified)

When Stihl dropped the 200T I bought six of them. Still have 5 running. When they all wear out I'll look for a replacement but I'm hoping they last me another 10 years.

T200 ( We've still got enough 200's to last us a while) and MS 661

If I'm felling smaller stuff MS 461

I didn't do too much climbing before realizing people my size should stay on the ground, but I have an 020T, and I use a 395XP for everything else. If I was to buy another saw, it'd be a 395 XP so I wouldn't have to change bar lengths. Probably have to have three of them before I thought about getting a different size saw. Probably an 880.:lol:

Climbing 150t, 200t (just took a 201t out of the box and run it for half a tank, jury's out)
Felling MS 260 then 461...

Yup...
150 for smallish and prunes
200 for removals
Heavier saws come up the tree as I come closer to the ground.
My Echos are growing on me. I just they had better dawgs

ms150T, ms200T (just burned last week:cry:), ms440, 066, 3120xp (not mine, not my favorite by far, but helpful for the big ones)

I prefer my 020T, a pair of 200T's and lastly a 201TC. My 020 and 200's are stock still. When they start to give me major issues I'll pay to have them built properly. The TC is my everyday at work saw. It's a decent replacement. Getting a bit tempermental now that I've had it for a couple years.
Now my favorite felling saw is my 046. Damn thing is 20 years old and just won't quit. Best thing is, anyone else that picks it up can't keep it running. I start it and it runs perfect. Daily I use a 461. I'm on my third one in three years. Still love it, just not as much as my personal saw. I think the biggest problem with the daily saws is other people touch them from time to time. That and I rarely get paid to maintain them. Usually the lowest guys on the totem pole do maintenance while I'm out taking care of other things. That should be changing in two weeks though. The company just hired a 20 year Stihl tech to assist our truck mechanic and do the small engine stuff.

Lots of favorites for me but lately the t540 and the 562xpw have been what I take to work. The boss has a 661 in the truck that I really like for the big stuff.
I've got a ported 550xp, 576xpw, and a 394 to choose from too but that 562 with a 24" bar just gets it done, love it.
Got sights set on the tiny echo now...

I love the way everybody says 660/661 for " The big stuff".

I bring out the 880 for the occasional big stuff.

Haha!

My 066 lives on my mill for now, till I can find a 088/880. I don't get to cut down big trees, but I get to mill big trees that were cut down.

I love the way everybody says 660/661 for " The big stuff".

I bring out the 880 for the occasional big stuff.

How big is your big stuff, stig? In logging around here, a three to three and a half foot cut would be a typical large cut. Anything bigger would be a take down of a residential tree, most likely. I think five to six feet would be a big ALAP cut, but I have heard of multi-lead stumps going eight feet.

Back