Sharpening Your Chain

I know some heavy weed smokers that can put a wicked edge on a chain. They seem to really get into it

Stuff like that is much better done with a buzz on.

A cold one and a packed bowl never hurt a 'lil saw maintenance.

Yea but... One of those awesome sharpeners forgot to cinch down the hitch on the chipper once. The chipper hopped off the ball, The chains drug the chipper about 15 feet and i had to replace the entire driveway surface!

I use the 5 point check for hitching. Sucks to replace the driveway.

Complete coupler assembly (hitch pin to coupler pin).
Chains.
Jack stowed securely.
Lights.
Chocks and any obstructions beneath the trailer (landing legs, poorly place equipment, etc)

I have to look over when something gets hitched and then I'll check it over again. I might be a little OCD or not trusting which ever comes first.

I prefer to think of it as trusting. I trust that most people care about something else in life than how my equipment or job are doing. It's MY job to care enough to personally check it all out before I move the truck.

I try to have a motto...Don't get two people involved in a one-person job. An easy way for people to screw up hitching up is to have two people involved.

Yes, the driver is responsible by law for anything attached to the vehicle.
But thank you all sooo much for the reminder of my failure :/:

Sometimes shit happens

:)

I was wondering how I could keep that reminder from happening Frans. Looking back at your post #35 I would put some form of (I) at the beginning of every sentence. Cured.

Sorry if my original post on that thought felt like trying to school you. That wasn't my intention.

I have to look over when something gets hitched and then I'll check it over again. I might be a little OCD or not trusting which ever comes first.

Same here. I got it from signing for a howitzer, those ain't cheap to fix if you forget something like the axle lock or firing brakes. :(

I got off easy last week, driving home in the rain and dark no chains or lights, but securely coupled.

I was rushing to finish a job and get home to the kiddo on time. I wasn't focused on one thing at a time, and didn't do my five point check when hitching, nor double-check before moving the vehicle.

I found out when I got home. Chains were draped over the tongue, so they didn't warn me with a rattle on the road.

:)

I was wondering how I could keep that reminder from happening Frans. Looking back at your post #35 I would put some form of (I) at the beginning of every sentence. Cured.

Sorry if my original post on that thought felt like trying to school you. That wasn't my intention.

We are all family here, thanks for hearing me

Back