Husqvarna 390xp

I was working during Katrina on this barn, taking this tree out/off of the structure. My Stihl 290 had gotten dull and they brought me a Husky 395 that an old timer had loaned us for the Hurricane work.

As soon as I cranked it and throttled up I knew something very different was going on. The word "Beast" popped into my head. When I started cutting with it that confirmed it really was a Beast. I was amazed at the power (and sharpness) of the saw. Only time I ran that saw but I still remember it 12 years later. I haven't run anything comparable since then.

Attachments

• shed tree IMG_8368resized.jpg
    shed tree IMG_8368resized.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 37
Having regularly used the larger husky lineup,I love my 390. 28"&36"bars.

been beating the shit out of mine for over 3 years and it hasnt skipped a beat.
Have killed 2, 201's and a 150tc in the same time,this 390 has never seen the shop. I like em all 385 and up,but I settled in with the 390 and have been graced by the tree gods with no break downs or issues,fwiw I'm just syain.

Having regularly used the larger husky lineup,I love my 390. 28"&36"bars.

been beating the shit out of mine for over 3 years and it hasnt skipped a beat.
Have killed 2, 201's and a 150tc in the same time,this 390 has never seen the shop. I like em all 385 and up,but I settled in with the 390 and have been graced by the tree gods with no break downs or issues,fwiw I'm just syain.

I think the dealer was talking loggers use every day every hour of the work week. Heck I dont know. But there is crank issues out there. I was surprised at what he said. But agree the 385 stock porting is sweet.

I know the 385 I got when I was looking for a 390 2188. Came from a local tree company doing residential. Only used every now and then for big cuts. Then traded in to local husky dealer. My logger friend got it and tried using it. But he preferred his 394 and sold me the 385 to buy another 395.

If you look at the newest 395's when you buy them you will notice not made in Sweden on them here in US now. Made in Brazil. Just so you know.

Soon as he left my place he drove to the dealer and got it.

h395.jpg

What's the weight differential between 390 and 395? I've been throwing the 394/395 around for so long it never really feels heavy.

Enough I cant take it anymore. Yep its getting like that. :whine:

385 390 / 394 395 / 288

h394xpweight.JPG_thumb.png h288weight.jpg h385weightt.jpg

Thought you might like this video I just watched. Times in cuts from 372 572 390 395. 28" was last one.

ccsaws.jpg ccsawss.jpg

Got info from the video maker testing saws. He only ran a 7 on each saw. Like to see it redone with a 8 on each.

Back