Husqvarna 390xp

Kenny Sanchez

Treehouser
Loving our new 390xp 28" bar, first time owning a husky and so far I almost gotta say is my favorite saw. Putting my 440 magnum for sale.
Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 8.20.20 PM.png

Glad you like it.

Ive got 4 of em. They are my go to saws for clearcuts. Mine all have full wraps of course, and muffler mods. Run em mostly with 28" bars, sometimes 24, occasionally 32's.

They all come with full wraps and big dogs here, at least at the saw shops.

Funny, for the longest time I didnt know they came any other way. :)

Western Oregon Butch. Im in the Eugene area.

Edit: Just realized you were probably asking Kenny.

Is it the updated version of a 395 or is it smaller?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Gary. Been trying to use this song in one of the videos for a while, and I finally felt this was the right video for it.

Yep. First saw I ever ran as a kid was a 288. Dad cut timber with em, 281 before that, 181 before that, pioneer before that, and he started with 125's. Think him n his dad had a 797 and an xl 12 when he was a kid.

I had the 181, 281, 288 progression; 281 in the shed with new piston, jug, and rings waiting for me to find the time to be resurrected.
2100Xp also currently in the red-shirt category...

You guys climbing with those 16lb plus saws. My hats off to you. :thumbup:

Little info on the 385 and then 390 so you know what to watch for. ;)

I noticed folks having 390 crank issues.

Husqvarna dealer from GA says

Between the 385 and 390 I would pick the 385 all day every day. The timing numbers and port shapes were almost perfect from the factory because it was designed from day one to be what it was. The 390 was more of an afterthought "We have to get in the 90cc class to compete with the MS 660" so it is essentially a factory big bore and they had to compromise on the port shapes to make room for the larger piston. Also, while 1mm does not sound like much, the 390 piston is MUCH HEAVIER than the 385 piston. As a result the 390 is known for killing cranks, in as little as one year in commercial duty even with decent care and good oil.

h38403b.jpg h38503.jpg

You guys climbing with those 16lb plus saws. My hats off to you. :thumbup:

Little info on the 385 and then 390 so you know what to watch for. ;)

I noticed folks having 390 crank issues.

Husqvarna dealer from GA says

Between the 385 and 390 I would pick the 385 all day every day. The timing numbers and port shapes were almost perfect from the factory because it was designed from day one to be what it was. The 390 was more of an afterthought "We have to get in the 90cc class to compete with the MS 660" so it is essentially a factory big bore and they had to compromise on the port shapes to make room for the larger piston. Also, while 1mm does not sound like much, the 390 piston is MUCH HEAVIER than the 385 piston. As a result the 390 is known for killing cranks, in as little as one year in commercial duty even with decent care and good oil.

View attachment 84084View attachment 84085
Thank you for dashing my dreams of a 390, hello 395!

Back