MS192

oldachonoak

Treehouser
I pick up an MS192 from e-bay a while ago and can't seem to get the saw to stay running properly. I replaced air boot and rebuilt carb. It seems to constantly need to be adjusted. My next step is to pressure test and look for leaks. I don't have all of the tools I need to do this but I think I can figure it out. I read some place that they had problems with the top end gasket leaking. Any one run into this type of problem with this saw. If I end up taking the top end apart is there a better one to replace it with. Maybe a little more power. I cuts great when its running.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ted

I have the same sort of issue, I have a 192t from new, started to give me problems. In my case, seems a good air filter cleaning is needed, after every use.... PITA. Bogs down when throttling.

I always use both chokes when starting, then flip them both off and crack the throttle.

Maybe buy a whole new carb?

Sometimes with an air leak you can spray the suspected problem area with starting fluid and if it’s sucking air you’ll know it. I use to have problems with the 660’s head bolts backing out. As soon as it would start running lean like I was running out of gas I knew it was time to clean them up and loctite them in.

Is the exhaust clean?

I start and stop my saws a lot. Twice, my new 193t plugged the exhaust and fouled the plug. The mechanic said to let it get hotter by running it longer . Probably like a smouldering woodstove fire causing creosote build-up.

I read of a similar issue on the TB. Someone there mentioned a piston, I had no idea one was in the carb. O ring seems worn, have a new one on the way. Hope it solves the lack of power.

Capture+_2018-04-03-17-01-51.png

That's cool, Peter...that's a voodoo fix...piston in the carburetor.

Sounds like the flywheel on the wallopin' rod solution.

Back