Tree Companies that Rip-Off the Little Guys' Invention

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfwoody

Treehouser
...I've caught wind of this here and there.

Recently from August Hunicke's latest video where he is catching up on emails.

August mentions the deplorable condition where an innovative entrepreneur works hard and invents a new, helpful device for tree work, and somewhere along the way after marketing it, the idea is shamelessly copied/ripped-off by a big company -- maybe with a small modification -- leaving the little-guy inventor with nothing.

There must be a lot or egregious of these cases of tree folks getting their ideas stolen.... Since I've read here in The Treehouse and heard other places more than once addressing the subject and anger at it.

If a company practiced this sort of thing, I don't think I would want to buy from them (if I had a choice in the matter).

Is there a well-known list/examples of inventions/inventors and companies that ripped them off?

Sherrill is notorious for it, shit they ripped of the "Ropetek Comms" and I was doing business with them. Wankoff's reply was "why wouldn't we rip of an idea that makes money?" this after them telling me for years that they didn't condone altering PPE.

I strongly urge folks not to buy from them , remember Treestuff is Sherrill too

I'm sensing this thread is going to get a hate thing going.

8f82c1ec2daab4b6cf57bbf3d318df87ab4e507fd9adbd2a19231bff0d42efb6

I don't think that was Robert's intention, but that is where it will likely end up lol. But sherrill had it coming too lol

Telling it like it is and hating is two different thing IMO.

Well, my unpatented idea is for sale at Treestuff right now, for whatever that's worth. Wouldn't have minded acknowledgement or a little something...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Kyle, yeah I didn't mean to start a "hate" thing or any kind of "gossip" thing.

Ha, I guess I was trying to get up to speed on what seemed to be specific and common and public knowledge.

Maybe it wasn't a good thing to ask about.

If I had the choice I would always buy the original design from the inventor (now I’ve got a few quid) most peeps aren’t plugged in to the sub culture and buy whatever seems to be the best value.

Robert, if you could please, don't look at that giant elephant standing over there. You would be correct assuming that a large elephant like that doesn't belong in a treehouse, but we've silently decided that if we ignore it long enough, it will leave peacefully :/:

IMO it's well know who has stolen what and do we really need a list of the offending parties.

I would like a list. It will (at times) effect my self focused purchasing decisions. AND it will give information to those that don't have the inside scoop.

If someone or some company finds this offensive or if it costs them somewhere, maybe they should look beyond what is strictly legal and grow some more personal integrity/pride. (If you don't like seeing it in print - that's a clue.)

More to follow.

Thanks Kyle, yeah I didn't mean to start a "hate" thing or any kind of "gossip" thing.

Ha, I guess I was trying to get up to speed on what seemed to be specific and common and public knowledge.

Maybe it wasn't a good thing to ask about.

It is a good thing to ask about. It's a great thing to ask about.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Robert, if you could please, don't look at that giant elephant standing over there. You would be correct assuming that a large elephant like that doesn't belong in a treehouse, but we've silently decided that if we ignore it long enough, it will leave peacefully :/:

I would, but I don't know what/where is giant elephant I'm not supposed to look at!? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back