Health insurance ?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CeDOQpfaUc8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't recall exactly. I want to guess $2700. I remember I had to pay three separate entities, all in advance. The doctor, the anesthesiologist and the surgery center that provided the operating room.
As I recall; you made cash arrangements, had the procedure done and paid it out right, only to receive another bill you had to dispute.

i can speak to what is billed to a hospital room....as a nursing student, when I pull a supply from the "omni cell" it is assigned to that patient. With that said.... alcohol pads aren't one of them. In fact, I can pull stuff and call it floor supply and no one gets billed. I do this....as most do for normal stuff. All meds would be billed though.

certain things in hospital are a flat rate.....like labor and delivery......except if NICU is involved.

I think the over pricing is common so they can negotiate. Blue cross and our local hospital where at odds for many months....so 75% of this county has BCBS and would pay out of network prices......finally got worked out. Bottom line is they both make money

it also depends on how something was documented(coded) Thats how each party determines the price....If a nurse doesn't document then it can't be billed. Or lets say you get a UTI from a catheter the hospital can't bill for that...

we can blame Obama all we want, but the problem did not start there. Maybe trump can work it out.......but I doubt it. Insurance prices will continue to rise either way. Take it or leave it....its a personal choice and risk.

Im at the VA for clinical this semester..... no worries there about billing......throw everything at them. Its good because they deserve it. Our VA is top rated in the country. Very positive environment and I enjoy working there. Always awesome to work with a WWII vet.....still a few around here. For the most part I hope to work for the VA system. As an employee I would get BCBS insurance......and of course go to another hospital for care. ......unless something happened on the job......in which case they would bill my insurance.LOL

its pretty cool....been volunteering in the ER for almost 2 years now

they would be glad to have you for sure.

Bcbs pulled the same stunt here too, and the contract was supposed to expire right when our son was due. I have bcbs, and they fixed it in the 11th hour thank God, but still.

Back