Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Computer Science, blockchain

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

Looks like a scam to me.

Something that does not exist has a great value.........

I have several 5 gallon buckets of Lentils that I will trade you for your bitcoins. At least you will have something for all the trouble.
    Winter is sure as hell here! I told you it was coming!
    Jim

Money is the idea that something that does not exist, or is represented by a piece of paper, is worth so much that people do risky jobs, give you time with their family, and sell their body. The difference is the dollar is manipulated, bitcoin isn't.
    Kyle

Well, someone obviously invented and can control it...but we should all trust him right...no back door could possibly exist...he would never want to profit from this scheme...he would never manipulate anything ofr his own benefit...what a Saint...
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. -Steven Wright

Well, let's look at who controls the currency we are currently using. Banks, governments, and the global elite. I trust the bum under the bridge more than them. By having a set amount in the world, no more or less, you can't manipulate it with fractional reserve banking. You can't inflate or deflate it. It's stable, without swings. Because of this, it is far less likely to collapse. By being digital and likely unhackable, it can't be stolen, at least far more difficult. I'm failing to see the downsides...
    Kyle

Kyle, can you name any one construct of mans that has not been altered over time?

No. I understand the reluctance to "trust" a different currency than the one that has been used for generations here. What I'm saying is that I completely distrust our existing system, which is designed from the ground up for manipulation by the banking cartels and the government (which is run by banks). The elite gave us what we have now, and when the time comes, the workers of the world can simply drop the entire system by switching to currency that isn't controlled by those powers. That's why using a different currency is illegal. If you refuse to use the dollar, they no longer can control you. If enough do that, the whole system comes crumbling down. The internet has democratized many things, lowering the thresholds for entry in many different things. You can now make and distribute movies, music, ideas, etc, and now the idea of a fiat currency. Of all of the revolutionary ideas made possible by the internet, the idea that we can make, distribute, and use a different currency than what was made from the fractional reserve banking model is by far the most powerful.
    Kyle

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

The official "1 meter" Is still the same as when they made it in 1793.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterZero View Post
    Looks like a scam to me.

Something that does not exist has a great value.........
    Kodak is cashing in on it, you can lease a bit coin miner and make easy money. If you've got Kodak shares you're laughing, this month anyway.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/c...8-1-1012823094

energy consumption of bitcoin is interesting. apparently a LOT!

Uhuh.....and what was it before that? In the human timeline, 1793 is a short blip. You probably know that the meter is based on a measure of one 10-millionth of the distance from the north pole to the equator and it is, almost correct.

There is much in the world around us that, at the very least, is extremely slow to change. It is us that have trouble with keeping things the same.