Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Science, blockchain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Computer Science, blockchain

Computer science is, as Joe Rogan might say, some extremely heavy sh*t.

Tree forums got me started on the interwebs. I knew very little then about the ins and outs of things Cyber, but the forums (reading and posting) created some literacy. A few years ago there was a college text book on introductory 'puter science in my house, I opened it up curious to see how far into it I could get before getting lost- I didn't make it past the first half of a page. FWIW I graduated with high honors from college, was a B+ to A- HS student.

Wikipedia blows my mind, the info in there, especially regarding math, science and computer science. It is basically infuckingpossible to understand.

Which brings us to the point here: bit coin and blockchain. Do y'all understand it? Many feel it is or will be revolutionary, and these days, with things changing so incredibly fast, something like that will likely be affecting all of us, soon.

I surfed around on the topics, this was the best thing I found on it so far. It uses wikipedia as part of an analogy to explain blockchain, I had to wiki wikipedia to make sure I had a good understanding of what that was But I still don't fully understand it.

https://www.coindesk.com/information...in-technology/

Curious to hear your thougts.
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

1 gif saying um, yeah sure, ok, and no replies, well alrighty then, guess we'll have to let the subject develop a bit more over time.
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

Beats the shit outta me.

I guess its another currency that does not exist.....kind of like our current currency.

What is that called? A Fiat currency?

I think just the opposite, actually. Things are going to get more primitive.
    Winter is sure as hell here! I told you it was coming!
    Jim

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

I'm like a dog watching television concerning this topic.

I hope to learn!

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

I know nothing about this stuff. How does a bitcoin fit in your wallet?

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Block chain looks like more of what I can use Drop box for. Drop box here at my place shares files or a data base with 3 computers and a phone. So anyone updating the data base (of which each computer and phone has) automatically updates the other 3 as well. In fact, we can sit down and do data entry on say invoicing all at the same time with different books, adding to the spread sheet (data base file) this way.
    We can also do that on Google Docs. But Google acts as our data base storage. Google would or a cloud would be more of a block chain.

As far as Bit coin. I have a hard time grasping it.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Just like ANY damn money, lol.

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

I'll never be able to afford to pack many around I think?

1 Bitcoin equals
    18562.12 Cdn dollars

Seems odd to be going back to coins we just got rid of the penny? Worth 18g?

I know that bitcoin is an electronic fiat currency, with a set amount in the world, so it is never added to. Inflation is impossible because there is never any more of it. From what I remember it was developed kinda by pet project, almost an experiment of sorts. In its code, it's impossible to track transactions, which make it like cash. In today's modern world every dollar is tracked, which is why the drug trade has to launder money and the largest value bill is the $100, making it hard to transport huge volumes of it. The revolutionary reality behind it is that it isn't a governmental official fiat currency, so its existence threatens governments, especially the us. The U.S. has gone to great lengths to make the dollar the currency of the world, which gives us immense leverage and power in the world theatre.

Our economic system is a fractional reserve banking system, which means banks can loan out more money than it has. This creates more debt than there is cash out there to pay it back, which is no problem when the population grows at an exponential rate as well, so printing more money is a necessity. The only problem is that population growth is actually being caused by people living longer, while in developed countries the birth rate is plummeting. This is adding to the wealth inequality, because the younger generation has to provide for the elderly. So what's happening to the working age people is that their debt load is becoming higher and higher, while their higher paid jobs are shipped overseas. Most will take out loans for school as they have been programmed that college is necessary, which can't be discharged through bankruptcy, and then will likely be underemployed, becoming a wage slave for life.

When enough of them say fuck this, we're done, digital currency like bitcoin can allow them to drop out of society and still function. The debt, which is designed into the system of fractional reserve banking and the dollar, can simply be walked away from, and since bitcoin is untraceable and non physical it's very very hard to tax or take, and illegal income isn't tracked so they could do whatever and the money is already clean. If enough of the population just switched over, the dollar would lose all value, because no one uses it so no one cares. Debt would disappear, and the rich would own very little. It would effectively topple everything, and because of that it's even more revolutionary than the printing press. I'm actually kind of shocked the government hasn't squashed the idea yet, while they still can.

I'm not familiar with blockchain yet...
    Kyle