Legal Pot In Cali

Statistically, you're wasting your money when gambling those odds.

If they were to save and invest that money at some rate beating inflation, they will be much farther ahead. Actually, if inflation ate 30%, they would still be way ahead.

Imagine if they saved all that gambling/ lottery money, and invested it in higher education, a mutual fund, 401k contributions.

Saving is a lot more boring than gambling.

I think there's a bigger picture to this whole thing.

Just prior to the 2020 election, the new administration can drop the hammer on thousands of Californians for violation of federal law, and "LOCK 'EM UP !!"

Long enough to hinder some from voting.

You mean like rig an election..?

I think there's a bigger picture to this whole thing.

Just prior to the 2020 election, the new administration can drop the hammer on thousands of Californians for violation of federal law, and "LOCK 'EM UP !!"

Long enough to hinder some from voting.

Wow, quite the imagination there.

Lots of yapping here...

So anyone been into a recreational shop and purchase in Cali yet?? I will be there in 4 weeks and looking forward to shopping.

I was so stoked to hear it was legal when I visited in Feb 2017 just to find out it was legalized but recreational sales were not happening until 2018. Pretty much the same story when I went to Boston. Seattle and Denver... those were good times.

Even in Texas is is opening up. Houston allows 4 oz a a ticketable offence. Austin, 2 oz and under is ticketable. There are medical grows near where I live in Texas. It is switching for sure.

The big win for republicans here is to not oppose it. I doubt they will in 2020. Long live the tea-pot party!

California has been all " Medical" for years ... , one easy appointment to a card with a quarter pound per day limit at the store!. Kind of a veiled approach IMO (until now) ... No wonder so much California factory weed winds up on the east coast. It's supposed to be for sick people.

I've never smoked anything, so I don't know how much a quarter pound is, but I'm guessing it's enough to keep your entire living family tree happy?:lol:

"Kind Bud" is sold at its smallest amount, in gram ($10-15) or two gram packages. A quarter pound is a lot! That's 4 oz. The most you can buy in one transaction in WA is 1 oz, if only buds/ flowers, not concentrates or edibles. The other types figure in to the daily limit, somehow.

I worked in Mendocino County for a couple of weeks right near harvest time. Every day driving along in the heat of late summer I would smell the strong odor of pot in the same places. Yep, "must be a big garden near here."

Serious question for those that use weed (as I don't.) If you were to make an honest comparison to drinking and driving, how much would you say using and driving effects your driving ability? (Not judging, just wanting to know.)

That’s a hard question to answer Merle. It affects everybody differently from what I’ve seen. Weed made me more aware and careful, others just totally worthless. Rumbums I don’t want anywhere on the same property with me.

Alcohol impairs to a much greater degree, IMO. Definitely, IME. I'm a drinking lightweight. At 185#, I don't have a problem drinking 1 strong pint and driving. 2, I'll eat something and wait it out a bit.

A joke.
What's the difference between a stoner and drink at a stop sign?
Drink runs the stop sign.
Stoner waits for it to turn green.

Lots of people shouldn't be driving.
Mid day in Chicago, recently I was passed on a two lane street 25 mph street. Probably driver going 35mph, through the 4way stop without stopping, on the wrong side of the street.

Likely just an aggressive driver.
Stoners don't tend to be aggressive drivers. Drunks do.

Some drunks can be half way through a fifth of whiskey and you wouldn't know, and somehow they don't wreck, left, right, and center.

All sorts of medicinal uses can easily be substituted by pills, so long as you don't mind extreme costs and sugnificant side effects, and costs of pills to manage those side effects, oh, plus those side effects from the secondary pills.

Big Pharma has it all worked out for you.

So anyone know if recreational exists at dispensaries yet?

Medical doesn't interest me. I won't be in town long enough to get a California DL and doctor visit.

Is there the same recreational there now as in Colorado or Washington? The interwebs have conflicting infos.

:cry: