Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal Pot In Cali

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Wake and bake!

All sorts of medicinal uses can easily be substituted by pills, so long as you don't mind extreme costs and sugnificant side effects, and costs of pills to manage those side effects, oh, plus those side effects from the secondary pills.

Big Pharma has it all worked out for you.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

TreeHouser Sponsor

Huh. My current thought is, any potential accident - push for tests regarding driving under the influence.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

They already have that, but the test isn't cost-effective... yet.

So anyone know if recreational exists at dispensaries yet?

Medical doesn't interest me. I won't be in town long enough to get a California DL and doctor visit.

Is there the same recreational there now as in Colorado or Washington? The interwebs have conflicting infos.

Nothing is free. One of the earliest lessons in life is: if you try to take something that you have not earned there is a penalty.

You have to have a California driver license to buy in California?

Santa Cruz has one open , might have been the first

Medical requires state ID and doctors prescription

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42572229

Nothing is free. One of the earliest lessons in life is: if you try to take something that you have not earned there is a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Merle Nelson View Post
    Huh. My current thought is, any potential accident - push for tests regarding driving under the influence.
    Driving under the influence of what? Marijuana? Having been up all night sick? Having been up all night worrying where your daughter is, and with whom? A test for being super pissed off about an argument with a spouse before getting into the car? A test for being wooped from a hard run of storm work, zombied out from so much decision making and hard work?
    A test about being a competent driver, currently? Test for prescription drugs with crazy side effects?

There are a lot of ways of driving under the influence of something. Overall, pot makes people less aggressive. Could they be zonked out and rear-end someone? Sure. How often do you hear about this? Last accident that I recall being in, a super long time ago, I was under the influence of a cute Austrian girl, no substances. Half my fault, half the fault of the crazy cabby speeding down the parking lane, illegally. I was distracted and crept out into the intersection (parking lane).

My friend somehow passed his driver's test when we were 16. After a few months, he got glasses that allowed him to see, well. Sketchy first day, for sure, as I recall, all these years later. Totally sober.

Lots of ways to be a bad driver. Influence of marijuana, just one of many. Not that marijuana makes someone a better or worse driver necessarily.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.