Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Climber Weight

I actually did once, skinny as a rail and pasty white. couldn't make it past 1 ocklock before crashing.

I wouldn't be inclined to hire a vegetarian. WAY too few know how to be a vegetarian and an intense athlete.

I was pretty much literally never 'full' for three years, and that was while going to school, riding my bike for transport to/ from class, and rock climbing.

I don't get enough calories, now, at 44, even when I consciously order the more calorie-dense stuff on the menu.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

Then why did you hire him?
    I got tired of having fat, out of shape guys and gals show up for trials for apprenticeship with us.
    Last time we had to go through 6 before we found one worth working with.
    He graduated last week and is now hired by us.

That is why I started simply saying, BMI over 25, tobacco smoker or red hair.............don't waste your time applying.

BTW, I'm not a vegetarian.
    I just don't eat meat.

Huge difference.

yeah that guy was in love with plants and trees so I thought he's make a good hire. but he had no clue how to eat right. diet is important. but again the o.p. is not asking any of us to hire him.

I hired a 19 year old kid a long time ago. He was excited for the job, and was going to go buy a bunch of good vegetarian food at the food co-op with his earnings. Be all healthy and fit.

In short time, he never passed up a double-bacon cheeseburger when I was buying or stopping. He vegetarianism was a great ideal, but not practical.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

It is unpractical and also pretty stupid.
    We, as a species, were made both herbi and carnivorous.
    Claiming otherwise is something one can get away with in our part of the world, where getting enough to eat is no problem.
    Quite the opposite, in fact.

Its a weird world where obesity and calorie/ protein-deficiency are both chronic human problems.

Some people can't figure out which shoes to wear. Others can't figure out how to afford shoes.

Of course you can be a vegetarian and do the job, it’s not professional sport.

Even if it was...https://ohmyveggies.com/famous-veget...nough-protein/
    Mick, you could feck up a fine day.

Mick

To the original post...

Lose some weight and get the knee stronger and life will be a hell of a lot easier.

The excess weight can't be helping the knee. How you choose to get the weight down, is up to you.

Good luck with it all. Climbing is good exercise but carrying excess weight is just asking for RSI's.
    Rich.