Natural crotch rigging with Graham McMahon.

Hell yeah, thx Mick, I hadn't seen those yet. I nc a bunch, even got some treemaster for it. It still blows me away that his climbing saw is about the same as my big saw lol

Good boke. He has lots of knowledge. In an industry that's become obsessed and driven with climbing and rigging equipment, it is little wonder that this kind of bare bones technique is rarely pushed by training providers etc. Because their sponsors ie retailers, manufacturers, wouldn't make any money from it....there's nothing to sell in that video. Glad to see Greame still not for sale either.

Very cool.

Interesting re simply viewing some ropes as consumable.

Nice old school lanyard.

I liked when he grabbed the rope as he flipped it around the limb to be tied off, almost faster than the eye. Experience, Grasshopper.

Hell yeah, thx Mick, I hadn't seen those yet. I nc a bunch, even got some treemaster for it. It still blows me away that his climbing saw is about the same as my big saw lol

Kyle have you seen a lot of his vids? They are the gold standard. I always liked this old school one, early Wraptor-type device:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h1t_lPilpl4" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dang, I couldnt find the original version with music and the motorized ascender. It was an awesome vid. Here's the finish of it though- mad skill and experience.

If Graeme ever came to the Midwest to speak I'd do just about anything to attend..... Same with Jerry for that matter. Those guys have soooooo much tree knowledge it's just crazy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cory, I've watched every vid he's put out a dozen times, watching someone of his caliber take down stone dead trees bigger than anything I've ever even seen. The coolest part is watching how long everything falls lol

I wish they would put out more videos, but I think a bunch of noobs gave them shit about not using a climb line backup, just using two flip lines, and they kinda slowed down after that. Which is a complete shame, because when anyone considers a 460 a climbing saw, they are baddass!

If Graeme ever came to the Midwest to speak I'd do just about anything to attend..... Same with Jerry for that matter. Those guys have soooooo much tree knowledge it's just crazy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A few years ago, I heard the day after, that a friend had attended a lecture in London, given by Graeme about his tri vector rigging job.

I couldn't thank my friend enough for letting me know the day after it happened... ;(

Refreshing to know that sometimes the gear does not make the man.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Gear helps me get the job done solo. Makes it look like I can climb. I'm ok with that.

I often natural crotch, stub for friction wraps, self lower.

If I were a rope manufacturer I would love everyone to natural crotch rig. that guy is a different level for sure though.

Graeme has been untouchable for ~3 decades of watching his antics.
Best part for me is vid_1~9.30 talking about having to be ready to run in new or olds cool depending on work, tools and crew.
For us that meant over practicing each new toy (i was first kid on block around here with porty etc.) until know how to quickly deploy and when.
>>preached the gunfighter had to know which tool to draw, and to do so smoothly to not get killed.
Of course there is the real olds cool stiff lanyard adjuster knot in vid_2!
i think Natural crotch (i can say that?) carries load better more than sling /pulley.
i also always liked joining sweat/swig w/ olds cool, Natural frictions.

Back