Stihl 462

That might just be my next saw, when the 461 gives up.

Sweet saw Andrey!...a 32" lightweight bar and full skip chain puts a smile on my face ;)

How much would that cost you over there Andrey? In Oz it would probably be $1600 at the very least...

Hmm....interesting. I'm still nursing along my old 046 while I've gone through 3 461's in 4 years at work. The 461 is a great saw since I use it most often but still not a 046. Hopefully the 462's are a bit tougher

My 461 has made it through 3 logging seasons so far and is still cutting like a beast.

That is somewhere in the vicinity of 3000 hours of cutting time in hardwood.

I'll need to fabricate a better pair of dogs for the one I buy to replace it, but apart from that I have no complaints.

Yeah Sean, even with currency conversion a 461 here is around 1200USD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm....interesting. I'm still nursing along my old 046 while I've gone through 3 461's in 4 years at work. The 461 is a great saw since I use it most often but still not a 046. Hopefully the 462's are a bit tougher

I think that Stihl 462M-S will be tougher. Unfortunately, the supply of this model to Russia will begin only in 2018.
It is better to wait a bit and buy a good thing.

$1000-1100 on the dealer website.

Think I got mine on sale. Don't remember. Might have been before a storm hit, so I didn't care.

Back