Bid advice, 28 Doug-fir removal in parking lot, 100' and under.

Sean, to clarify, I thought you said $400 for grapple and 5 loads (assuming you meant for wood hauling) ... I factored 2k for that. No real market here, so I rarely mess with logs. Usually more hassle than it’s worth. If a mill wants em and I coordinate, I’d take 50%. I base my bids purely off hourly labor, that’s a cost I can calculate and make sure I earn money. I see $750-1250 in labor, couple hundo in fuel and a couple days using machinery and dumping Trees :)

Call up an asphalt company and get a better idea on pricing a repair. That's an awesome looking job, good luck Sean! If it was me I would toss a quick layer of junk plywood under the crash pad, keeps the forces really spread out and less likely for a small poke. Another option at least around here is to rent some pipeline mats. Very easy to move around and are made from 8 x8 timbers, almost indestructible and cheap.

I’m with the others on around 10k.

Flop them, strip and chip, get a couple of guys in to feed the chipper, get a mill to take the wood and some rubbish for free.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, all.

I have plenty of plywood on hand. A bunch of 5/8". There is a plywood mill with a building supply store locally. I can get defect plywood relatively cheaply.

I'm always game for jobs that I can do without human help, much.

Chipping is a good option, if I have workers, and the grapple truck is not available. He's really busy at times, but winter, probably not as much.

Cold patch is easy, inexpensive, and especially in a parking lot, very effective and long lived. I'd just fall them.

Hit up the neighbors to take the firewood.or chips..

Craigslist the free wood and chips....

Bring a table and chair for tea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

500.00 per. Hell yeah. Bid it, do it, bank it. Dump em. Doubt you'll even need to patch. Use your felling skills and some ply.
Having someone take logs is killer.

Back