TreeHouser
Has anyone have any info about this winch? Who makes it etc
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 82
I've seen that somewhere.
There are plenty of companies that have something like that made in China and fit it with a Harken winch.
Sure,they are cheaper than the GRCS, but don't we owe something to Greg Good for coming up with the idea.

Personally, I'd feel bad, if I bought a knock off copy of the GRCS.

Probably yes Stig ... Don't see any brand names on her , looks to be machined well if that's all Stainless. Signed curious in Vermont.

I've seen that somewhere.
There are plenty of companies that have something like that made in China and fit it with a Harken winch.
Sure,they are cheaper than the GRCS, but don't we owe something to Greg Good for coming up with the idea.

Personally, I'd feel bad, if I bought a knock off copy of the GRCS.

I'm all for loyalty on product purchases whenever possible, especially within our industry. A lot of the ingenious minds have many more ideas to come.

Sadly, to a man/woman, almost all have been let down or offended by how little value we show for their efforts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want one of your mini grcs frans.

Can you post a pic, or winch model? We dont use the grcs much, goddamn to heavy.
I will get a pic tomorrow. Greg good sourced me the winch and the pig tail. I just made the base plate, and did a crappy job
Of it.

I'm all for loyalty on product purchases whenever possible, especially within our industry. A lot of the ingenious minds have many more ideas to come.

Sadly, to a man/woman, almost all have been let down or offended by how little value we show for their efforts.

I agree!
Greg good asked me to find out more info on the winch picture i posted

The winch seems sexy and sleek. Just nitpicking here but i wonder how that fairlead is attached. Bolted? Wont there be corrosion between the steel bolts and the aluminum?

I like steel because it is forgiving and will not shatter like alum or titanium will.

The winch seems sexy and sleek. Just nitpicking here but i wonder how that fairlead is attached. Bolted? Wont there be corrosion between the steel bolts and the aluminum?

I like steel because it is forgiving and will not shatter like alum or titanium will.

Maybe it's plug welded from behind. Could just be a prototype.
But I like steel, mild steel or medium carbon steel :love:

I like the way the serious Steins have a back-up strap.

Pulling up against a trucker's strap would seem like its perpendicular to the intended loading, and might magnify the force, like pulling sideways in the middle of a taut, ground-anchored pull line.

I once saw a 18 wheeler tractor trailer that had slid partially off a bridge. The flat bed trailer came loose but one of the yellow cargo straps had somehow got tangled in the broken guard rail of the bridge. The entire trailer was dangling in the air held by that one cargo strap.

After seeing that, i am plenty comfortable with the strap on the GRCS.

I once saw a 18 wheeler tractor trailer that had slid partially off a bridge. The flat bed trailer came loose but one of the yellow cargo straps had somehow got tangled in the broken guard rail of the bridge. The entire trailer was dangling in the air held by that one cargo strap.

After seeing that, i am plenty comfortable with the strap on the GRCS.

The strap of the GRCS yes but I am not so sure about that skinny blue one. Plus the GRCS strap is 4-6" wide (from memory) with a very robust tensioning system.

Back