Queen's Christmas Message

It may only be 10 minutes of my life. But I have never been interested in it and I doubt it will change as I get older.

i am not really a royalist or against the monarchy. It is just something that passes me by, like the clouds. Life will still go on weather I look take notice or not.

I was stood at the bus stop, now on the bus. There is fuckall else to do and the forum seemed a bit quiet.

So I am contributing.

That's about the sum of it.

My take is that the Queen and Phillip have actually worked well into their 90s. In an increasingly “what’s in it for me” world the devotion to duty and country is rare.

Anachronism, sure, but so what? Does everything have to be so modern and grey? bit of colour, spectacle, history, continuity, love it.

Whether it’ll survive in its current form into the future is uncertain.

But she’s alright by me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Boy, I caught hell one time for poking fun at the Queen. Wife was pissed off.

I did not understand at the time, but I kind of get it now.

In a silly way, I sort of admire the spectacle of it all now.

Not to mention the old geezer just announced his retirement recently. Kind of wondered what he could possibly be up to?

Heck, he had a ceremony a day he was attending. In his 90's!

I sure as hell would not want to be royalty. Sounds like hard work.

I might check out the World Service.

I was stood at the bus stop, now on the bus. There is fuckall else to do and the forum seemed a bit quiet.

So I am contributing.

That's about the sum of it.

Fair enough.

A bus stop in Scandinavia before the dawn, do you feel like you?re in an ABBA video?

Haha.

Mick, it was Super Trooper stood there.

Some times I goto work on the boat and get picked up. It is for one of the crews I work with regularly so I leave a kit with them. Today I had to get a bus as well, normally they pick me up from the ferry but it is dependent where we are working.

There is a newspaper here that calculated how many days our crown prince worked last year: 53!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For that he gets paid 17,6 million kroner annually.
An average yearly salary here for somebody like me is 350,000. I sure as shit put in more than 53 days a year.

I met the queen when I was in elementary school. She did a tour through Vernon and we all lined up to shake her hand. It was pretty cool as a kid.

Haha, tell LaWife-a I understand :) One Commonwealth citizen to the other

Boy, I caught hell one time for poking fun at the Queen. Wife was pissed off.

I did not understand at the time, but I kind of get it now.

In a silly way, I sort of admire the spectacle of it all now.

Not to mention the old geezer just announced his retirement recently. Kind of wondered what he could possibly be up to?

Heck, he had a ceremony a day he was attending. In his 90's!

I might check out the World Service.

What is a wedding peasant?
A gift from the international society of dyslexics, maybe.

Good on you!!!
I read it as wedding presents, spelled wrong.
You are , of course, right:D

We have a joke, here:

What does BMW stand for?

Danish society of dyslexics.

Back