TreeStuff inventory?

I don't like large teeth... too grabby for me, but I don't recall Zubats having "large" teeth.

Silky Zubat, FTW.

Order it.

Thanks Butch, the add says "new EXTRA LARGE" teeth". One review said it didn't work well for pruning small limbs.?.?.?

the regular works so well... I'd be curious but can't imagine I would prefer bigger teeth. I have a gomtaro for delicate pruning.

Been using the regular Zubat for years, have at least one on every truck. That said, I never felt the desire to have one with bigger teeth. If I need more bite I fire up the chainsaw. The hand saw is for small stuff, too small for the effort of starting the chainsaw. So IMO skip the extra large teeth version.

I'll say the same.
Especially now that I have the T150, the hand saw has lost some of it's importance for the bigger pruning cuts.
The carving bar on the 150 will IMO make better cuts where there is little room than a hand saw.

have any of you played with the top handled battery saws? curious to how its stacks up to the 150. not having to pull start every time is definitly appealing. the cost is still a bit much.

They are way heavier and don't have the nifty carving bar.
But the instant start-up and stop is great.

They are way heavier and don't have the nifty carving bar.
But the instant start-up and stop is great.

is there a reason why a carving bar could not be used? is it not adaptable to that? that is one of the best things about the 150.

I'll say the same.
Especially now that I have the T150, the hand saw has lost some of it's importance for the bigger pruning cuts.
The carving bar on the 150 will IMO make better cuts where there is little room than a hand saw.

EXACTLY.

A Zubat with bigger teeth would be a 150t for me. Even with the regular Zubat, some of those little branches you want to zip off, the teeth grab a bit, that's what my secateurs are for.
Yes you can put the carving bar on the battery saw.

I tried a Husky battery saw and it was too heavy for my liking, but I am the midget arborist. Longer in the bum that the 150, even with it being a top handle.
My hubby on the ground loved the battery saw. The instant start up with no yanking, I would like that too...
If I was to get a battery saw it would be the fixed length Husky pole saw, for use out of the cherry picker, and Bob could have one for the ground

the ibuki is not impulse hardened though which means it dulls faster but it can be sharpened.

I have the Silky file to use on my Sugoi blades. And...I have yet to use it. I have a couple of dull blades I need to take out to the garage and figure out how to sharpen.

Ha, ditto.

There used to be an old guy in a little old shop that would sharpen my standard pole saw and hand saw blades...but, since he went out of business.......

have any of you played with the top handled battery saws? curious to how its stacks up to the 150. not having to pull start every time is definitly appealing. the cost is still a bit much.

Batt saws are great for not having to start them every time you want to make a cut. I just ran mine (2 of the Huskys) on all the limbs on 11 sequoias near the city limits. Worked great for speed line set up then 2 or 4 limbs. Reset and 2 or 3 limbs. Also worked great for quite. (There was recently a protest over the removal of two 45 foot coastal redwoods that were tearing up sidewalk and too close to a market building.)

Thread about them here somewhere.

Does anyone really sharpen their handsaw?

My dad used to sharpen mine and reset the teeth too. He'd also fix broken wheelbarrows, replace rake handles, and lots of other odd jobs that I never had time for. When I was a kid, I would always ask him if he had any "little jobs" for me to do, so after he retired he would often come to me looking for "little jobs."

Back