TreeStuff inventory?

its stupid for sure. I have had said some jackass things here on this very site. I would hope that no one judges my products on my opinions. Matt is a bizarro Christian with some bizarre ideas. He is also not a native social media user and the two things don't go well together. It was a terrible idea to name the saddle after him. That was not Matts idea he was pretty opposed to the idea and had a whole line of names for it. Treestuff thought naming it after Matt was a good marketing idea.

I have known Matt for a long time and count him as a close friend. I disagree with him on just about everything except our passion for climbing and trees. I didn't get along particularly well with the commercial rendition of his saddle either but I saw first hand what he went through in his process and admire him immensely for seeing it through. The whole thing with Matt has left a sour taste in my mouth. Matt at this moment is pretty depressed. I just don't know what to say.

As for Yo Yo man, his main product is mired neck deep in lawyers so I if I were a retailer I would not touch it either.

Funny how fundamentalists seem to be down on women... largely, religion as a whole, yet women still subscribe to religion.

Strange how the atheists never seem to be down on women, at least that I've ever heard of.

He might be busy dealing with the "buzzards". They're beating him up pretty bad.
I'll agree that TS is not the same but if I have a problem I contact Nick and it gets resolved asap. Still my go to place but I have placed orders else where for certain things. I'm not gonna bash them. They still treat me good. I'm sticking with them till I'm wronged. Nick may not be a close friend of mine but he's still a friend and I'm gonna stick with him

Some pretty rough and personal things have been said there for sure. I dont have a horse in that race so I have no problem ordering saws from them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guess I opened up a can of worms. I still am pretty happy with the place. It is still where I go to to buy gear. The only reason I do/would go anywhere else is if they don't carry what I'm looking for or it's out of stock and I need it/want it asap.
I rekin I'll stick with them as long as they are around.
In my original post I was just curious I was hoping it was just some end of the year low inventory for taxes type of deal.
I know we have to pay crazy taxes on inventory we have at the end of the year.

. I have had said some jackass things here on this very site. I would hope that no one judges my products on my opinions. /QUOTE]

I wouldn't unless you wrote it on the packaging of the product.

Years ago I bought Jepson's " The tree climber's companion"

In the foreword he describes falling out of a tree and how god decided to save him.
After reading that I tossed the book in the trash without reading it.

If you bought a manual and found out that the guy who wrote it worships garden gnomes, would you trust a word of what he wrote?

Stig, history is absolutely filled with people that were mentally wacko but also had brilliant ideas or inventions. Where do you draw the line in what you are willing to learn?

I agree with Kevin. I read the foreword, also, and was a bit incredulous. But read the book. It was my first step beyond the tautline (sorry, Boss) and full of ideas I use often (leather cambium placement from the ground for DRT...used it countless times; split tail - Blake's hitch - awesome thing to learn...I got to quit re-tying a tautline everytime I had to bypass a limb, etc.)

Jepson brought me out of the Dark Ages of my treework.

I kinda like gnomes and fairies...and Tyrion is awesome. (not a gnome, I know). We got trolls and ogres (Sean's mini??) in the House...it's all good.

Stig, history is absolutely filled with people that were mentally wacko but also had brilliant ideas or inventions. Where do you draw the line in what you are willing to learn?

By Jepson.
There are plenty of other manuals to choose from, where the author isn't some born again idiot.
If Jerry had been trying to sell me religion, I'd have tossed Fundamentals without a second though.

And been poorer for it, but one has to adhere to at least a few principles in life.

One of mine is, I won't take instructions from people who, to me, are nutcases.

...Stupid chime in question , I had Jepson's book years ago (since passed it on) and found it invaluable. Read everything but I don't remember any religious content.

nor i, I must have just passed over it, missed that part completely. he could sacrifice live puppies and eat their live beating hearts and I would still appreciate his climbing book

I'm allergic to religion, that is probably why it popped right out at me.

I have the same book. I too Stig am in the 'you threw the baby out with the bath water' camp.

I don't see principles. I see foolishness. Sorry.

Back