TreeStuff inventory?

WTF is going on with TS???

Just speculation.... but....
Back when I was a hot shot in a suit, if you buy up something, as a larger corp., you aquire all the rights to their stuff first. Then you dismantle the Lil pop shop and make it all your own after you sell off inventory and clean some house. Especially prior to having to do inventory.
Just speculation. Buy buy competition. (Pun incl.)

Well, I think Stephen might be right...but I took advantage of the sale to pick up a few things that had been on my list.

Ill address a few of these points.

The idea that TS is spinning down or going away is ridiculous. TS.com is almost 2x as large as SherrillTree.com and is easily the largest and most successful direct to consumer arborist store on the planet.

The chainsaw price. Chainsaws have always been excluded from sales and specifically say 'call to order' and cant be ordered through the web. Im not going to argue semantics of promotional copy. We didnt ask you to drive to our store, or bait and switch anybody. If you dont like the price dont buy it. If you can get it somewhere cheaper get it.

Out of stocks. We made some mistakes, the store is busy as hell, we have had to turn away some defective inventory...there are a lot of factors that go into why items arent on hand and some of them are our fault, yes, mistakes made by people. The business is growing faster than we keep up with it on many fronts and has been for years.

Thanks for piping up, Nick. I never knew that TS was bigger than Sherrill!

Good to hear there's no gloom or doom in the forecast!

Ill address a few of these points.....Out of stocks. We made some mistakes, the store is busy as hell, we have had to turn away some defective inventory...

IMHO, address this and all the other talk and BS will fade away. The reasons behind the out-of-stocks do not matter, only that they not continue.

If things are and were going so good, why did you have to sell out to SATAN:lol:

Actually,when I'm not making jokes, I do wonder.
Of all the bed partners you could have chosen, why go for Tobe?

Ill address a few of these points.

The chainsaw price. Chainsaws have always been excluded from sales and specifically say 'call to order' and cant be ordered through the web. Im not going to argue semantics of promotional copy. We didnt ask you to drive to our store, or bait and switch anybody. If you dont like the price dont buy it. If you can get it somewhere cheaper get it.

Well, if ALL of your ads and emails say everything is on sale then, that means everything. I'm fine with exclusions if they are mentioned before hand. Otherwise it does feel it's kind of bait and switchy.

I did find it cheaper and I did by it cheaper elsewhere. I'm glad that my order means so much to you.

I used to talk you guys up all the time and I'm after this thread I'm going to be done bad mouthing you too. My company is doing great as well and I know what growing pains are like. I just don't need purchasing to be the pain that it has become shopping with TS.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nick has always been da man. For newbs on this site, a fascinating thread is one Nick started, I believe entitled "Cowboys", about working for hacks and wanting to do better. He has come a long way:drink:

Well, if ALL of your ads and emails say everything is on sale then, that means everything. I'm fine with exclusions if they are mentioned before hand. Otherwise it does feel it's kind of bait and switchy.

I did find it cheaper and I did by it cheaper elsewhere. I'm glad that my order means so much to you.

I used to talk you guys up all the time and I'm after this thread I'm going to be done bad mouthing you too. My company is doing great as well and I know what growing pains are like. I just don't need purchasing to be the pain that it has become shopping with TS.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Your business means a lot, but like you we can't operate at a loss. Husqvarna margins are slim and 17% plus freight and all that wipes it out.

I'm sorry I forgot to exclude them in the marketing speak. Also forgot to exclude branch managers but accidentally included GRCS and sold 20 of them. Oops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the ad says 17% off everything, but then there are exclusions (noted somewhere on the ad?), and then the company honors the ad on some things that they didn't want to include...I'm confused. Why honor some of the errors but not all? Just based on original margins? Seems weak at best.

I have to admit I did not look at the ad in question even a little bit...so my question may not meet the facts. Just going on what I have read in this thread.

Back