TreeStuff inventory?

So this week , it turns out, I need a 13/16ths by 60" ship auger bit for a cabling job. Tree Stuff was out of stock. Most everyone I looked up was or quite a wait. Low and behold, Sherrill has one in stock. Hmmm I think. I wonder how they will do. Pull the trigger.
2 days, no e mail confirmation of shipping or tracking number. SO I call this morning. They say they have shipped. Told them I never got an e mail or tracking number. Rep apologised, never offered a tracking number, and I never got a follow up e mail....
Hope the damn thing shows up tomorrow.

Just bid it into the job and have the custy pay for it or at least most of it. I got a four footer that was used for three holes three years ago and that's it. But it made its money.

Bid is paying for it.
Just this whole day has got me down. And now I have to go buy a right angle drill I was not planning on. The one I rarely rent got stolen. Merry Christmas to me I guess.

They are handy with a grcs tho, so you might actually use it more than you thought... It could be worse, like a windshield :(

I have a length of 2 7/8ths for just such an occasion.

I hooked it up to the D8 with a chain once. After I got home I found that my sun dial was running thirty seconds slow..........

You is a riot Mr Rancher:thumbup:

i don't think if has anything to do with me. just shit is not working over there. there is no flow. both the Runner and the quickie, the two products i entrusted to sherrillstuff are currently on back order.

The above post from Kevin happened three weeks ago. All three items that he mentioned are still on back order. I say three because there are actually two different quickies for sale, both of which are out of stock.

Tim

As much as I like Nick, I still stand by my earlier observation that Sherrill is simply in the process of draining TreeStuff dry before absorbing their business. It makes absolutely no sense for them to keep TreeStuff open as a separate entity long term.

As much as I like Nick, I still stand by my earlier observation that Sherrill is simply in the process of draining TreeStuff dry before absorbing their business. It makes absolutely no sense for them to keep TreeStuff open as a separate entity long term.

Just for the record, I could not disagree with the 2nd sentence more. Although I do agree with your assessment of what is happening to the place, as expressed in your first sentence.

To me, it would have made absolutely perfect sense to just buy out treestuff, and then essentially leave them alone to run the business as they always had done in the past. Nick could consult with Luke as need be when he felt stumped on how to handle particular situations. If the business was growing like crazy, and making a profit, why mess with it? Leave it alone and let it keep growing. Only if the numbers guys start detecting big losses should Sherrill start to intercede, mostly by asking Nick what he needs to help improve things.

All of that is not what appears to be happening. The reason to mess with something that is not broken, in my mind, is just because of ego, and not good business. It may have been something of an embarrassment that Sherrill was possibly getting its butt kicked in terms of sales volume by TreeStuff. Instead of asking the questions "Why is TreeStuff kicking our butts, and what can we do to better compete with them?", they thought they could buy them up, and eliminate them as a competitor. The problem with that idea is that people took their business to TreeStuff for a reason, and avoided doing business with SherrillTree for a reason. Maybe Sherrill thought that if they eliminated TreeStuff as a competitor, all of those buyers would then flow over to Sherrill. Problem is, Sherrill is not the only other game in town, and people have other choices.

So instead of taking over a booming business and allowing it to continue to grow, they throw a wrench in the works, and all but kill a very profitable venture. All because of embarrassment at being bested in the marketplace.

On a personal note, I absolutely find it objectionable when something that I think I'm ordering from TreeStuff gets fulfilled by SherrillTree. Nowhere on TreeStuff's website does the name of SherrillTree appear, at least to the best of my knowledge. If I wanted to buy something from SherrillTree, I would go to SherrillTree's website and order it. The two businesses should not have their operations intermingling with regard to placement and fulfillment of orders. The reason is that the two businesses handle the processing and shipping of orders differently, and those differences might be a large part of why customers choose to shop at one online store and not the other. So by intermingling these operations, you've just made it impossible for a customer to know how his transaction will be handled, or by whom. If this uncertainty bothers a customer enough, they will end up voting with their feet, and going to a third party to do their shopping, a place where they know how their order will be handled.

I know I've rambled on too long about this. All I'm trying to say is that it is a huge mistake, in my humble opinion, for Sherrill to mess with the operations of TreeStuff. It will not win Sherrill any new customers, long term. Only in the short term, those folks that think they are ordering from TreeStuff, whose orders then get swiped out from under TreeStuff by SherrillTree. That won't last for long, however, in my opinion.

I think ShelterTree is the new TreeStuff, quite possibly. Butch should talk to those folks about sponsorship of this forum, in my opinion.

Thanks for putting up with me, Butch.

Tim

Good post Tim B!

I like Nick and never had a problem with him, he's a stand up guy for sure...but on saying that, since the buy out, I will only buy from SherrillStuff if I cant find it somewhere else...WesSpur is my go to arbo supply, no mess ups great staff and I get my order in a few days..... Because of bad staff, orders and dealings with Sherrill in the past lead me to tree stuff....but with the marriage, I personally dont want to give my money to Sherrill.

What I alluded to earlier , why compete when you can buy them out. Sears story is quite interesting to me. If you don't know it they basically built up and then crippled all those brands , eventually buying them out cheap and absorbing them... Kenmore , Craftsman , etc.

The above post from Kevin happened three weeks ago. All three items that he mentioned are still on back order. I say three because there are actually two different quickies for sale, both of which are out of stock.

Tim

We rejected a batch of 1000 cast quickies, so we ran out. The milled ones sell slowly and are made even slower. We have more of both coming.

Rope runner is in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treestuff is much bigger than sherrilltree.com. A lot. We just finished our best year yet and it's been a struggle to grow and keep up with demand for sure. It won't be perfect tomorrow but we are making leaps and bounds.

The Black Friday weekend totally turned us upside down we took about 10x the amount of business we normally do in a 5 day period and the phones haven't stopped ringing since. There are only so many of us that can answer the phones and we e been getting about 500-1000 calls/emails a day.

I know there are issues and things we need to fix but damn, people keep buying shit faster than ever so we must be doing a few things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure...but that's a totally different item.

Nick just said that Treestuff is bigger in sales that Sherrill.com...Sherrill.com is only the online part of Sherrill as a total business. I'll bet that Sherrill as a total business venture dwarfs Treestuff as a total business venture.

That does not mean I favor one over the other at all...just trying to see clarity in our communications here.

Back