Did You Know?

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
If you shove your car key's transmitter up under your chin somehow that contact causes your body to act as an antenna, extending the range quite substantially.

Try it if you don't believe me.

Who has something we never heard of?

I've used used the car remote trick for years. People see it
work and still don't believe me. I stick it under my chin, open my mouth and aim towards the car. Probably adds 50 ft to the range.

I use RV antifreeze mix in my tractor tires for ballast instead of regular antifreeze. Works the same and $3 gallon beats $10 gallon.

The rv antifreeze is food safe too, so safer to use anyways. Good tip there man, I gotta do that to my backhoe

What's funny about that too is I distinctly recall when buying my tractor that they charge more for the 'Eco friendly' tire ballast at the dealer.

What is rv antifreeze, hows it diff from antifreeze?

Ground pencil lead (graphite) makes a great dry grease. If you don’t have a pestle and mortar laying around like normal people just use two spoons.

Rv antifreeze is propylene glycol, which is found in everything from different foods to ecigs (it's mostly what you are breathing). Normal old school antifreeze is ethylene glycol, and is super poisonous. They actually use ethanol (ie booze) to help treat it. Booze is much more readily absorbed by the same enzymes that break down antifreeze, so it occupies them while they then dialysis the antifreeze out of your body.

Ok thanks. Still a little fuzzy re how its used in an rv.

You add it in the hoses and tanks to keep them from freezing, but in doing so, you would kill yourself if you used regular antifreeze (because that's your water supply).

You pump all the water lines full of it and they don't freeze and bust during the winter months of storage.

If you have a flat in someone's yard, which will eventually happen, it's not gonna kill their pets if they get into it after you're gone. I have to fill my tractor tires this weekend.

You add it in the hoses and tanks to keep them from freezing, but in doing so, you would kill yourself if you used regular antifreeze (because that's your water supply).

So if you are traveling in cold weather, you drink it mixed with your h20?

No no, it's for when it's winterized and not heated. If you are living in it in the winter (I'm sorry if you are, most aren't good for cold weather), everything would be heated.

No no, it's for when it's winterized and not heated. If you are living in it in the winter (I'm sorry if you are, most aren't good for cold weather), everything would be heated.

:|: doh, glad you set me straight! So basically you winterize with it and any left over residue that gets into the potable water when warm weather returns wont kill ya?

Back