Keyless entry on cars

I have no issue with snow. :D

Everyone needs a toolbox, pick the right tool for the job. 550, 7.3, 9.5'vplow, icebreaker sander. 'Nuff said.

IMG_1026.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Plenty of interesting perspectives here.

I'm with you Cory. I would love to see a company that made hardcore work trucks, but the way they were rather than now, using only proven stuff. Big heavy frames, simple cabs, and motors that don't have so much engineering. Stick shifts, lockouts, pto standard, work beds rather than regular beds, etc. At a price point half of what these super tall car trucks go for now. I think they would do well lol

:thumbup:

I'd think you're in the minority, .

That's what I'm trying to figure. If folks love it for the most part, I'll have to step back and consider.

I hate keyless. It seems soft.

I love the new stuff! My wife?s Range Rover ?voque is a constant source of wonder.

Dollars to donuts she can't adjust the clock when the time changes in autumn.

I probably am in the minority, but I don't care. But I'm not alone, in fact I'm probably in a group of people larger than the one who buys hd trucks new. If the new trucks were reliable as all get out, last forever, get insane mileage, and were designed for work rather than to look "cool" I could almost see the price tag. But they do none of the above. I will continue to run old stuff, and at some point will look into building a custom one from parts of old trucks. I've been thinking about it a bunch lately, because the offerings they have out now aren't worth my money. Too much crap to go wrong, and I can't fix it. So I would be forced to hire it done, at prices I refuse to pay, not to mention the damn thing was designed to break down past the point of repair before I even got the mileage on what I have now.

Dollars to donuts she can't adjust the clock when the time changes in autumn.[/QUOTE]

Sitting here eating breakfast, I just asked my wife about this, she says it was easy, go to the onboard computer, settings, clock et voil?!

Enjoy your donuts!:D

Bet she couldn't stick a second hand motor in it and be back working by lunchtime.:P

Most folks never could change an engine or transmission.

New cars are much more reliable, faster, more economical, comfortable and safer.

It?s fine doing up and running around in old shit for a laugh.

It was no laughing matter but at least you could work on them and I didn't mind doing that, these days I just look and forget about it.

And you could get a key cut for a couple of dollars.

I really love remote start! When it's freezing outside, what can be better, only an installed coffee machine :D. All these automative things, driveless cars, drones... crazy! Read that in the future some people will choose to live in self-driving mobile homes, rather than take property lease https://tranio.com/world/spotlight/self-driving-mobile-homes-how-driverless-cars-will-change-the-property-market_5354/. I imagine in such a home if something goes wrong, one can wake up somewhere in Mexico :lol:

I really love remote start! When it's freezing outside, what can be better, :

A preset cabin/engine heater.
I always come out to a toasty warm truck when I go to work in the morning.

I turn it on again when we start packing up, by the time we leave for home, the truck is warm.

Back