Tinnitus, Hearing Loss, Hearing Difficulties, Etc...Discuss.

The noise of the wind buffering around the cab does me in. To the point is almost hurts and I can't concentrate.

Actually I will rephrase that, it doesn't really hurt but I find it extremely annoying.

Same as I find the noise of other people eating or the missus clanking about in the kitchen annoying. Especially if I am trying to listen to something. The exterior noise is all my brain seems to focus on and if I am talking to somebody all I can see is lips Moving and the Banging and other shit instead of words.

I think the tinitus is driving me mad.

I'd guess it is exacerbating an already existing condition:lol:

Do you shoot a bunch of guns? My old foreman was deaf in his left ear from shooting. Needless to say he shot pretty much all the time lol. I'm sure being a fitter didn't help either. He said back in the day they would just beat asbestos insulation off with a hammer, no tie offs, no glasses, and would ride the crane ball crab style, 2 guys a trip lol.

No excessive gun discharging here. Rarely get to shoot.

I ride with one of those, too.
I always use ear plugs for longer trips and if I go fast.

The air flows around the obstacles with pressure waves and swirls. The ears are made to react at the pressure waves, because the sound is that. So, the ears are constantly beaten during the ride, either by the air flow and by the loud motor noise.

Didn't you listen how quiet it becomes when you close the car's window?
you feel almost in weightlessness.
In a car, window opened, the head is about at the place where the air flow comes in the cabin after going round the windshield, and the left ear takes it first.
It should be interesting to see if the "left drivers" get the same trouble but on the right side.

Back