Is this a scam?

SkwerI

Treehouser
I'm conflicted on pursuing this Craigslist ad.
https://ocala.craigslist.org/hvo/6338648571.html
I emailed the seller a couple days ago asking why it was so cheap, and I wanted to come look at it closer. Today I got this email in response:
Sorry for my late reply but your message has been delivered into my junk box and I haven't seen it until now.
I hope you are getting this because I've tried for two times to send you the link with the pictures and more details but it comes back undelivered with a message from craigslist saying that I'm not allowed to send pictures through their system. Please send me your e-mail address so we can normally communicate and also to send you more pictures
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

Now I'm thinking it is likely stolen.

probably trying to spam your email. do you have a dummy email set up to send them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm fine emailing back and forth through Craigslist. They act like a proxy and disguise email addresses as long as you just reply to the email you get. My reply to him was
I see the pics in the ad. Why the new paint and cheap price? I'm conflicted because I'm looking for a good deal but I'm not willing to buy stolen equipment and scams are very prevalent on Craigslist. It seems too good to be true.

Back