Winch bed and trailer build

Lol to you it may look like trash, but these are my prized possessions! :lol:

You took me the wrong way.I have a thing for older fords.
I have 3. 1997 f350 being the baby,1984 f350 mason dump,1981 f100.I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was more for Gary lol. I'm a fan of the old fords too, I got a 98 ranger, 94 1/2 ton, 96 3/4 ton, 88 one ton and tandem. All fords lol. I would love to find a 93-4 f350 dually quad cab, 7.3 idi with turbo, but 4x4.

Shit know I want one(Love the $500 ford)

That was more for Gary lol. I'm a fan of the old fords too,

Ha! I was commenting because I took his comment to mean...."Now you went and did it and made me want one, too"...in other words, he didn't know he wanted a rig like you until he saw yours.

I loves some old stuff: here is some of mine:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EiTo8WaFdzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• IMG_7216 RESZD 2.jpg
    IMG_7216 RESZD 2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7229 RESZD 1.jpg
    IMG_7229 RESZD 1.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Case tractor  (1)resized.jpg
    Case tractor (1)resized.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Case tractor  (2)resized.jpg
    Case tractor (2)resized.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 36
  • Case tractor  (5)resized.jpg
    Case tractor (5)resized.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Case tractor  (8)resized.jpg
    Case tractor (8)resized.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Case tractor  (12)resized.jpg
    Case tractor (12)resized.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 36
The rough truck is a 1945 International KB-5...the restored one is a 1949 International KB-2. BOTH use the same "Green Diamond" flathead 6 engine.

The tractor is a 1953 Case...my grandfather's tractor.

Cool old stuff, Gary...like you and me, right?
:D

The oldish Jag still warms my heart...just sayin'. Fast effer that she is...8).

Need to do some upgrades to the front suspension next...when I get above about 125, irregularities in the pavement come through a bit too much for comfort. There's always something, eh?

Hell yeah Gary, I got a 1952 case 320 backhoe... Best $1000 I ever spent! My neighbor bought it new, had it forever, and I got it off him. I guess it was the first construction backhoe ever issued, everything before was a tractor and backhoe attachment. I use it for everything lol

Alrighty, since this was almost 2 years ago, and I've got a new truck now, and I really need a bed for it. So i figured my welding skid would be ideal, because then i could drop it and use my truck for other stuff when I'm off or have a need for something other than my welding bed. Working out of a regular bed absolutely sucks, and now that I'm working only 40 hours a week, i figured this would be a good time to actually get around to building this thing (aka money and kinda time are lining up). I could have bought an electric winch, but the duty cycle scared me, so I've decided to do a hydraulic one. Unfortunately, my truck doesn't have a pto option, so I'm gonna use a pony motor and basically build a small hydro pack thing to run the winch, and will likely add hydraulic hoses so i can run other stuff too.

I was scrolling on Ebay and the like, and found a Braden 10k oilfield winch that will be perfect (and i could afford), so i go pick it up tomorrow. Going to have to rent a storage shed to build this out of town (northern Indiana area), but i could work on it after work. I'll probably hunt down all the parts to build the hydraulics and winch setup, then order steel and get to work. I'm thinking of doing the tandem trailer as well, not sure exactly what I'm gonna do with it because i want a larger one, but it would be a hell of a start, and i would be able to haul around 10/12k of materials without getting a cdl, which would bump my tree game up several notches with a serious winch setup, gin pole crane for loading, and increased trucking ability, not to mention i could avoid rentals more.

Pics and slow updates to follow....

:lol:

Surely....and, Kyle...send the drawing/plans pronto...I know your architect designer has them ready for you.....:D

:lol: uh huh...... if by architect you mean me after a few beers, then I'll get right on if :/: :lol:

Count me on the lurkers list too.
My trailer loaded would be limited to 3K total though. I'm sure that will be the weight of just your empty trailer:whine:

Actually that's about half of my truck lol. These duallys anymore are amazing.

Alright, here's the winch.

20190828_175123.jpg

Back