Singing Tree Quickie out of stock everywhere.

Super light carabiner-replacing connector for stationary applications, not a running rope. Another Kevin Bingham creation.

It's like a shackle, but the stud slides in instead of being screwed, easy to close and can't open alone.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mP8o87TVSe4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It says to use anywhere a carabiner is used.

Does anyone run a moving rope through it?

They showed a stationary situation with a Quickie run through the eye of a splice, and mentioned the pin rolls, lowering friction, as would be used when cinching/ uncinching a canopy anchor. Maybe it does everything a carabiner does. Seems like so long as it doesn't side-load, it Might be okay. Seems great in a stationary situation.

Looks useful but I can buy ten load rated locking shackles for the price of one singing tree quickie. And if it's stationary then a shackle just might be the better choice anyway. Cool locking mechanism on the pin but not cool enough to be worth 10X as much dinero.

Kevin, what do they do differently than a shackle? Is it a life-support rating thing? They're probably lighter.

Can they be used effectively as, let's say a DdRT re-direct or other moving-under-load situation?

Kevin, what do they do differently than a shackle? Is it a life-support rating thing? They're probably lighter.

Can they be used effectively as, let's say a DdRT re-direct or other moving-under-load situation?

They are much faster than a shackle. I use them everywhere. They make good redirects, canopy anchors, I have one on my lanyard instead of a biner. Base tie. Cambium saver for ddrt midline attacheable. They are quadruple locking double locking. Price is a bit much because we didn?t order ten thousand. I love them but I get them cheap so am not thinking about it.

Me too, Brian. I can do a lot of goodness with a standard shackle or steel carabiner. I think that little goodie is pretty sweet, but not worth the moolah.

I like the product Kevin, but it's not worth the cost.

Good thing there are people that will. Cheap bastards! They are only 30$ for the forged. It’s 60 for the hand made ones which are very pretty

I love you all.

I bought one of the $30 ones. My local arborist store has a rack of them. I mainly use it for a canopy tie. It works great for that.

Its interesting how money works. I find a six dollar shackle too expensive for what it offers, yet I don't find a quickie too expensive. I use them and have no use for a screw shackle that I can think of and I have few of them somewhere.

We don't mind paying $125 for a rope that doesn't last forever. Of $400 or $500 for the same with a saddle. My $30 Quickie should last forever if I don't loose it. I'm finding more and more uses for it every day. I'm going to pick up a couple more next time I'm at the store.

Back