210 ft Redwood Removal

Seems I've only put a few hundred hours on mine in 10 years. My hour meter has topped 4000. Got it around 3600 hours.

Hour meter seems lazy, though.

Losing a little compression in a cylinder.

Are you using zinc additive? Flat tappets, IIRC.

Best $2450 I ever spent, 2007 dollars.

A ancient Wayne chuck and duck was my first chipper. I abused it awhile and sold it for what I had into it still chipping away when it rolled down the road.

Cool vid!

Seeing those limbs pop off with one hand saw stroke_ is redwood brittle?

Cool vid!

Seeing those limbs pop off with one hand saw stroke_ is redwood brittle?
The wood is not brittle, but the limbs on second growth do pop easily when hit with a saw.

Erico...we gave Butch hell for drilling vent holes in his bump cap back when he first posted those pics, him thinking there was nothing wrong with that. We'll probably keep giving you hell for your lack of proper safety gear, too. He survived...you probably will too.
He was just a trend setter, a man before his time. Now our Petzel helmets come with a "vertex vent" with a slide that you can open or close -- I keep mine open year-round. I was already even thinking about drilling additional holes to exhaust more heat. Yes, I've had the "steaming head" thing going when it's been sub-freezing out on the prairie & open farmlands in the area.

"Nothing special" ha! Sure, it barely worths to mention it ;)

Our average trees would look like bushes for you.
:goodjob:

He was just a trend setter, a man before his time. Now our Petzel helmets come with a "vertex vent" with a slide that you can open or close -- I keep mine open year-round. I was already even thinking about drilling additional holes to exhaust more heat. Yes, I've had the "steaming head" thing going when it's been sub-freezing out on the prairie & open farmlands in the area.
Dead horse bro!

"Nothing special" ha! Sure, it barely worths to mention it ;)

Our average trees would look like bushes for you.
:goodjob:

Thanks Marc-Antoine. Tree-work at 190 ft is the same as tree-work at 50 ft. Its all skilled, dangerous, hard work that deserves respect!

Two Is One...

SGq2OdY.png

:lol:

Rico, you're lowering branches via rope and then free falling a huge top in what appears to be the same tree. Were you just saving a bit of brush dragging where you could or am I missing something? Nice video and work as usual.

Rico, you're lowering branches via rope and then free falling a huge top in what appears to be the same tree. Were you just saving a bit of brush dragging where you could or am I missing something? Nice video and work as usual.
Thanks for the kind words Ryan.
What you couldn't see from the vid is that there was a sweet little cabin about 35 ft away from the tree (camera was set up on the front porch). I set up a speedline for the limbs so they wouldn't get hung up in a nearby tree, and roll out and hit the cabin or the house drop.
I took some limb weight off the backside of the top (40 ft or so) and slipped it between a few trees, in the opposite direction of the cabin.

Back