210 ft Redwood Removal

Nice Rico.

I must admit I wear saw pants every day. I have climbed without and it is amazing how many scratches and lumps I take out of myself when I don't wear them. I guess the extra bit of padding is taken for granted until you don't wear them. Especially so with spikes.

Good posts!

It sounds all good, until..................

hot weather:O

I'm a convert after a cut a year or two ago. I do the chaps thing- great in the winter, then take em on n off repeatedly all summer.

How many cut legs and cut chaps do you reckon you've seen over all the years, Jerry?

Eric, what kind of disposal do you offer customers? Log disposal only?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have an old FMC/Wayne chuck and duck chipper we use for brush cleanup. 99% of the time we blow the chips in the woods or into a backstop so the clients can use the chips. I always take to logs if they are of any value.

Nice Rico.

I enjoyed those clips. What do you think of the Spider Jack 3? Do you preset the climb line with a throw line or are they from the day before?

Thanks and keep them coming.

Nice Rico.

I enjoyed those clips. What do you think of the Spider Jack 3? Do you preset the climb line with a throw line or are they from the day before?

Thanks and keep them coming.
It was my 1st day on the SpiderJack but i loved it. I preset my line whenever I can using a APTA. Sometimes I will go out on a Sunday afternoon and set a few lines for upcoming trees and just leave throw lines in them until we do the job.

First It allows me to haul ass to the first limb, drop my flip-line and free climb through the limbs while getting belayed right to the top if I need to. It also allows me to be much more aggressive when I am spurring up because I know I am not gonna eat some bark if I gaff out. This setup really reduces both physical and mental stress for me!

z
Makes sense to me. I'm guessing it's easier for you to do it that way vs srt with ascenders.

Yea, I am just so comfortable with some spurs and a flip-line that the only thing I feel would make things easier and quicker for me is a shiny new wraptor. I have used a wraptor about a dozen times and it is an amazing tool. I am not quite ready to spend the $ yet and I think I can handle a few more years of doing it the hard way.

Does this have anything to do with the character set on the server? ... and how the client/browser character sets interact with it?

Strange thing is they were ok till I tried to edit them, then the apostrophes changed to question marks.

This may be a clue, eh?

Back in the IT world there was a time when we went through these things ad nausium ... i.e. all the different character sets on server and client and how they interact, but I don't remember any of it much.

Has anything changed on the server? ... and/or browsers?

z

Yea, I am just so comfortable with some spurs and a flip-line that the only thing I feel would make things easier and quicker for me is a shiny new wraptor. I have used a wraptor about a dozen times and it is an amazing tool. I am not quite ready to spend the $ yet and I think I can handle a few more years of doing it the hard way.

Wraptoring when injured is great.

Preventing the injury, priceless (typed with a whack shoulder. Something that came on fast).

First It allows me to haul ass to the first limb, drop my flip-line and free climb through the limbs while getting belayed right to the top if I need to. It also allows me to be much more aggressive when I am spurring up because I know I am not gonna eat some bark if I gaff out. This setup really reduces both physical and mental stress for me!

That's interesting Eric, especially the last sentence. For me tying in twice feels more like a dicipline, a chore even. That's why I could never be a teacher. More of a 'do as I say, not as I do' type. I often feel conflicted between working to my strengths, and setting examples to others. The Treehouse you can be open about such things. Other mediums, not so much.

That's interesting Eric, especially the last sentence. For me tying in twice feels more like a dicipline, a chore even. That's why I could never be a teacher. More of a 'do as I say, not as I do' type. I often feel conflicted between working to my strengths, and setting examples to others. The Treehouse you can be open about such things. Other mediums, not so much.

frig being a role model. Be Reg C. Tree-work when done really well is like good art or music, and you my friend are at that level! I have had the pleasure of working with a handful of truly great tree-men in my life and they all did things very differently. Right or wrong way my arssss.

The guys that work/assist you on the jobs. Are they also climbers, fallers, skilled or what ?

These days its usually just me and one other man. The guy that I work with 95% of the time is my good buddy Markus. He covers all the ground duties and is a true artist at his job. He has been my very good friend since we were little kids, and we have killed a lot of trees together. Not a lot of talk goes on between us (other than shit talking) when we are working as he seems to read my mind and always be one step ahead of me! I am truly blessed to work with him and a I loathe the days I have to work with someone else.

Thanks, Eric. Been theraband-ing.

I even do self-resisting internal and external rotations while driving solo.

I have a Wayne, too. 1974... Still says FEED ME!!!

Back