210 ft Redwood Removal

I hear being a donor is good money......if you can pass screening process. Nothing like getting up and dropping the kids off at the pool for cash......easy money.lol

I'd do that!!

I 'donated' plasma (for money) a couple times in college. Left me lethagic. Dropping the kids off for cash, on the other hand, no ill effects, and I'm already doing it for free...I'll eat daily kale if need be.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/fecal-t...our-poop-could-earn-you-13000-and-save-320454

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd do that!!

I 'donated' plasma (for money) a couple times in college. Left me lethagic. Dropping the kids off for cash, on the other hand, no ill effects, and I'm already doing it for free...I'll eat daily kale if need be.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/fecal-t...our-poop-could-earn-you-13000-and-save-320454

They don't just accept any old asshole from off the streets to be a fecal donor! You have to be a clean living, well balanced asshole which would disqualify most of the folks around here...

Nope you have to be under 25, test negative for a whole bunch of diseases, and live in the Boston area, because MIT is the only place in the states to do it..

However you can do it yourself at home... client of mine's brother did it between husband and wife.. other one of know of used a 4 year old nephew donor...

SOunds gross at first but goes to show the power of micro-organisms to heal the human body..

in US fecal implants are only used to treat c-diff, however one of my clients lead the team that discovered the first stem cell, making him a rock star in the medical world.. When he had stage 4 stomach cancer, they cut it all all out and then some, re-built his digestive system which in and of itself is amazing.... Then they gave him fecal implants orally, rectally and nasally... That says a lot about the possibilities.. He;s still alive some years later and gets checked for micro-organisms, which are still alive and well

Nice Eric. Still got plenty spring in your step :thumbup:

Did you limb the tree first, set the climb line, then start the video where you're spurring back up ? Was somebody tending you climb line as you spurred back up ? Thanks

Nice Eric. Still got plenty spring in your step :thumbup:

Did you limb the tree first, set the climb line, then start the video where you're spurring back up ? Was somebody tending you climb line as you spurred back up ? Thanks

I set the climbing line the day before when we removed another Redwood near it. This particular tree had no limbs for 125 ft and definitely looked like someone had limbed it up a few years back. Groundie was tending my slack. Hey Reg what program do you use to edit your vids?

It was interesting to see how your climbing technique/timing changed as the bole got smaller. Looks efficient. Smooth circle ride when the top went. Good videos.

I set the climbing line the day before when we removed another Redwood near it. This particular tree had no limbs for 125 ft and definitely looked like someone had limbed it up a few years back. Groundie was tending my slack. Hey Reg what program do you use to edit your vids?

Yeah, I looked again and you can clearly see pruning cuts around where you topped it. Yet the adjacent trees are full of deadwood along the way up. Wonder why the singled out that tree to prune :? Oh well, made your climb easier. What type and length is your climbline?

I use windows movie maker. It's very basic, but it's all you really need to show a tree getting cut.

Yeah, I looked again and you can clearly see pruning cuts around where you topped it. Yet the adjacent trees are full of deadwood along the way up. Wonder why the singled out that tree to prune :? Oh well, made your climb easier. What type and length is your climbline?

I use windows movie maker. It's very basic, but it's all you really need to show a tree getting cut.
The limb cuts you see when I top the tree are mine and will be in the edited vid of the whole tree. The trees we removed were on the house-side edge of the grove and were probably limbed up (way to far) for sun and safety. I have been using Safety Blue forever and a run a 150 ft, 300 ft, and a 400 ft line. (300 in vid). Sure would be nice if they were all that easy to flip up? I have a big nasty Fir removal next week and I know I gonna bleed by the time I reach the first limb. Good times! Thanks for the movie maker tip and once again mad respect for your work!

Good stuff. Let's get the cameras charged up for the big fir. Videos are a PITA to make, and a distraction when you're trying to get on with the job (I know)....but it's much appreciated here:thumbup:

Loved the videos Erik. Thanks for posting them.

Quick question. What are you using for a lanyard? Is that a 1/2" 3-strand with a Gibbs adjuster?

Back