210 ft Redwood Removal

Wow is all I can say, remembering what a few scraps of redwood cost to put seats in the dinghy 30 years ago...and you got de WHOLE tree!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow is all I can say, remembering what a few scraps of redwood cost to put seats in the dinghy 30 years ago...and you got de WHOLE tree!!

Yea home owners look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them Ill do the job for the logs. Most of the time they have no idea the real value of those logs let alone what their worth when they are turned into lumber. I always try and be honest with them and tell them the value of the logs but they usually feel like there getting there tree work done for free, so its a win for everyone!

Stellar work and pics Rico!

Honestly, homeowner redwoods here are my favorite removals, so fun to sink em spikes in and spur up!

Fantastic work by both you and your ground worker Rico. Can't say enough about having good help around. Loved the pics and videos and thank you for taking the time to share them with us. Keep up the great work!

Thanks man. The fella doing the groundwork is one of my oldest friends and One of the best guys I have ever worked with! We meet in the 5th grade and we have been working together for a very long time.

A 6' tree and 20 rings/inch, is that a 1400 year old tree??

A 6' tree and 20 rings/inch, is that a 1400 year old tree??

Like many conifers the redwoods tend to have large growth ring in the outer area, and the good stuff (20 rings per ") is in the innner 1/2 of the tree. I would be shocked if the tree was 1400 yrs old. Definitely an old tree and I will try and get you a rough estimate when I get a real good look at the butt log.

Like many conifers the redwoods tend to have large growth ring in the outer area, and the good stuff (20 rings per ") is in the innner 3/4 to 1/2 of the tree. I would be shocked if the tree was 1400 yrs old. Definitely an old tree and I will try and get you a rough estimate when I get a real good look at the butt log.

Cool. I agree, that tree isn't big enough for 1400 years, still a honker though.

From my armchair here, I'm going to guess 450-500 y o.

Looks like you have a good thing going out there... Your passion and physique stand out at your age.... I'm only two years older than and I can't stand in the hooks for 30 minutes anymore.... Gotta have my fun from the bucket truck, which has its perks!

Dang I was gonna say 600 but knowing how fast reds grow, that seemed like too long.

Looks like you have a good thing going out there... Your passion and physique stand out at your age.... I'm only two years older than and I can't stand in the hooks for 30 minutes anymore.... Gotta have my fun from the bucket truck, which has its perks!

Thanks Murphy. I do love what I do and I'm doing my best to keep my shit together physically so I can keep doing what I do as long as possible.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. You figure after living my whole life in paradise I wouldn't be such a grumpy A-Hole!

Man... I gotta say... it's just REALLY good to have ya back, and... as for the grumpy A-hole, bit... Man, Eric... we'll take ya any way we can getcha. We arbs got SO very much to learn from you. PLEASE, please (does that sound groveling?) stick around, my good man.

Back