210 ft Redwood Removal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Loved the videos Erik. Thanks for posting them.

Quick question. What are you using for a lanyard? Is that a 1/2" 3-strand with a Gibbs adjuster?

Samson 3 strand Pro-Master 5/8” rope with the larger Rock Exotica Rockgrab 90. It?s a great setup for the type of trees I work with. 3 strand has always been my favorite rope for flip-lines and splicing your own makes it very cheap.

5/8ths three strand flip line is the bees knees. Mine sports a Gibbs

I really liked the easy action of the Rock Exotica Rockgrab 90 in the video, and have never tried the Gibbs, but have always heard good things about them.

Yeah Butch, I should have known it was larger than 1/2" :)

All you need is a crosscut and double bit and you would never know what century it is in those B/W's.
Skidder envy!

Big ol top! Fine looking stump.

Btw do you wear earplugs? If no, you must be a genetic freak not to be mostly deef by now.

Kill and Mill, Hack and Slack, Kill and Grill...

Big ol top! Fine looking stump.

Btw do you wear earplugs? If no, you must be a genetic freak not to be mostly deef by now.

Kill and Mill, Hack and Slack, Kill and Grill...

No ear protection for me and my hearing is still good. Other than my shiny new chainsaw climbing pants I don't do PPE. The only time I ever got really hurt was a very long time ago (38 yrs ago) when I was wearing a helmet, ear protection, eye protection, chaps, ect. I was so isolated from my work environment I couldn't hear another mans tree coming to get me. All that PPE got me was a broken collar-bone, a dislocated shoulder, and a broken forearm. Since then I have gone commando and have remained relatively injury free! Not for everyone I know, but its worked for me.

Interesting.

Why'd you go with saw pants?

Someone recently gifted me a pair of Forester Arborist Chainsaw Pants and they are super comfy and baggy just the way I like. Now I won't ever have to feel the pain of burying a chainsaw in my leg ever again, and they are kind of padded in the shin area and give an added layer of comfort in spurs. I freakin love em'!

Back